is this some sort of joke...

i must say I’m thoroughly unimpressed with this.

I installed this crap to test it out, found it not to my liking, so uninstalled it via the uninstall.exe

When I try to start the following game: www.astonia.com it wont start because it says “D:\Applications\Game Engines\Panda 3D\bin refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network…”

Now I really would LOVE to know why a game that in no way has ANY link to Panda 3D, would be unable to run from properly uninstalling this crap which might as well be a virus.

blame windows not panda3D!

Crap can be excepted from using a crappy OS

A wise man holds his tongue, lest others think him a fool; a fool speaks and removes all doubt.

If you have a problem, explain it and ask how it might be fixed. Don’t make a fool of yourself and throw a tantrum because software you installed on your system caused a problem. Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to install Panda (if they did, you have bigger problems.)

Now, pretending that you were courteous in your request for assistance, I’d say that your problem probably has something to do with Python. If Astonia has any python scripts, it’s possible that a Panda3D configuration, or a configuration you made when installing Panda and it’s related modules, interferes with the operation of your game.

That said, a reinstall might help (back up your screenshots and other data you want to save before reinstallation.)

Without further information, I don’t know what other options could help you out. Explain a bit more about what you did and people will be able to help you.
:slight_smile:

Sorry, I’d just worked 15 hours straight :confused:

I was searching for some form of game engine, I ran no scripts, I was looking for something that was more point/click like 3D Game Studio.

All I did was install it, that panda greeting card opened, looked around, uninstalled it. Now it interfers with my games.

To be blunt, from the effect of this, it’s almost a virus, and there is NO warning prior to downloading it, which there needs to be.

Hi Virt,

I think we’ve all had days like that. :confused:

When Panda 3D installs, it changes your default Python directory to C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\Python (or the equivalent on your computer). This means that if you or one of your applications was using Python before the install, you will get an error like the one you described after removing Panda because Python can’t be found.

I have no idea whether this is the problem here, but it was the first thought that popped into my head when I read your post. If this is the problem, reinstalling Astonia or even (re)installing Python might fix things. If you install Python again, be sure to choose a version compatible with your application (version 2.4 seems to be the norm still for most applications even though 2.5 has been out for some time).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Yup, that was my thought, Panda configures itself to be developer friendly, not necessarily gamer-friendly, and its good to pay attention to dependencies and default installation choices.

Anyway, hope it works out for you, and good luck!