Is there a realization of some specific functions?

I decided to visit the nearby galaxies. :slight_smile:

1. Is there a fixed-point class 64*64 or another?

2. How can render relative to the camera coordinate? To remove camera shake for example through 149 600 000 km.

1. There is no fixed-point math in Panda, but you can compile Panda in 64-bit precision mode by passing --override STDFLOAT_DOUBLE=1 to the makepanda command when building it.

2. You can subdivide your space into sectors, and for each sector create a dummy node, to which you reparent all the things in that sector. Whenever you’re in that sector, reparent the camera to that node, and call setScene(node) on the DisplayRegion corresponding to your main scene.

For technical reasons you will need to create two nodes, a parent and a child, and pass the child to setScene but apply the sector position to the parent.

Another option is to keep the camera near the origin, and put all the rest of the scene in a node under it, and move that backwards instead of moving the camera forwards.

Thanks for the answer.

It’s like a floating-point type. And the error will increase when any manipulation with the number. However, on the Internet there are classes with fixing points with a free license. What solves this problem.

This technology from the last century. :slight_smile: However, it pleases.

OpenGL technique

I mean that type UVN camera

ogldev.atspace.co.uk/www/tutoria … ial13.html

Camera at origin seems to be the best method and, someone correct me if I am wrong, but graphics cards drivers are still limited to floats.

Then there are some options. My preferd method is to scale down far away objects instead of moving them further away – giving the illusion of the same size on the screen.

I know that one project, where an infinite number of galaxies a randomly and at any point is equal to the accuracy of 1.6mm. Decision on OpenGL. The author does not hide the technology.

Using the methods of the sector, scaling, etc. It was in the last century, and competitors do not sleep today)

Output for the accuracy of calculations used for a fixed point, and to render to give float.

you can use long integer for calculation(scaled), then scale the integer back into float when passing them to Panda3d/GPU.
and double float has 15-digit accuracy, is it not enough for your space travel?

The fact is, the error will accumulate, in mathematical floating point operations. It does not matter what type of number. It would be right to use a fixed point.

Unfortunately no, This will make the border more on, this is not the way out.

The question about the accuracy of the numbers can be closed, because of the available classes of fixed-point.