iPhone support?

Sorry for the delay, but I just found time to move on to working with the iOS support in panda.

I have the source but I’m not sure how I actually build for iOS? I’m on a mac, can I use makepanda?

You’ll need to use ppremake and use the BUILD_IPHONE setting, using the instructions that David posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks, I got it compiling.

Unfortunately it seems the include/library paths are not set. I get build errors regarding not being able to find std c files like types.h.

I’ve also tried creating an “external build project” in xcode but I still get these errors. Any ideas?

Update: I tried setting CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH, which resolved some issues, but they do seem to go on forever. There must be an easier way to set up the correct include paths

Update2: it appears that and older iphone sdk path is being used (2.0, I 'm using 4.3). I’ve tried grep to find where it is set but so far I have not found it

Update3: Added a -v flag to the compiler and got this output:

ignoring nonexistent directory “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/usr/include/c++/4.0.0/arm-apple-darwin10”
ignoring nonexistent directory “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/usr/local/include”
ignoring nonexistent directory “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/usr/lib/gcc/arm-apple-darwin10/4.0.1/…/…/…/…/arm-apple-darwin10/include”
ignoring nonexistent directory “/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/Library/Frameworks”

Not sure how to get the compiler to use 4.2.1 instead of 4.0.0 (which would solve this directory not found problem)

Look in dtool/pptempl/PostConfig.pp, it contains both the iPhoneOS version and it also gives the command directly to gcc-4.0.

Got it, thanks. I changed to 4.2 (gcc) and it compiles now. Current file is:

// This file is included after including all of $DTOOL/Config.pp and
// the user's personal Config.pp file.  It makes decisions necessary 
// following the user's Config settings.

#if $[and $[OSX_PLATFORM],$[BUILD_IPHONE]]
  //#define IPH_PLATFORM iPhoneSimulator
  #define IPH_PLATFORM $[BUILD_IPHONE]
  #define IPH_VERSION 4.3

#define dev /Developer/Platforms/$[IPH_PLATFORM].platform/Developer

#if $[eq $[IPH_PLATFORM], iPhoneOS]
    #define ARCH_FLAGS -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s
    #define osflags -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=4.3
    #define DEBUGFLAGS -gdwarf-2
    //#define DEBUGFLAGS
  #elif $[eq $[IPH_PLATFORM], iPhoneSimulator]
    #define ARCH_FLAGS -arch i386
    #define osflags -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -mmacosx-version-min=10.6
    #define DEBUGFLAGS -gdwarf-2
  #else
    #error Inappropriate value for BUILD_IPHONE.
  #endif

#define env env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 PATH="$[dev]/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
  #define CC $[env] $[dev]/usr/bin/gcc-4.2
  #define CXX $[env] $[dev]/usr/bin/g++-4.2
  #define OSX_CDEFS __IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=30200
  #define OSX_CFLAGS -isysroot $[dev]/SDKs/$[IPH_PLATFORM]$[IPH_VERSION].sdk $[osflags]

#defer ODIR_SUFFIX -$[IPH_PLATFORM]

#endif

I’m on to the actual panda src tree now. First error is:

/bin/sh: /Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/bin/interrogate: Bad CPU type in executable

Which makes sense since this was compiled in dtool with the iphone compiler. Am I supposed to compile dtool for Mac OSX without any of the iPhone stuff in Config.pp and then turn it on afterwards? I’ll give this a try and update with my results.

EDIT:

Rebuilt for Mac OSX and now I get:

interrogate -od Opt1-OSX/libp3express.in -oc Opt1-OSX/libp3express_igate.cxx -DCPPPARSER -D__STDC__=1 -D__cplusplus -D__FLT_EVAL_METHOD__=0  -D__const=const -Dvolatile -Dmutable -D__LITTLE_ENDIAN__ -D__inline__=inline -D__GNUC__ -D__i386__ -S/Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/built/include/parser-inc  -I/Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/panda -I../pandabase -I/Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/usr/include/python2.6   -fnames -string -refcount -assert -python-native  -spam -module "pandaexpress" -library "libp3express" buffer.h ca_bundle_data_src.c checksumHashGenerator.h circBuffer.h compress_string.h config_express.h copy_stream.h datagram.h datagramGenerator.h datagramIterator.h datagramSink.h dcast.h encrypt_string.h error_utils.h export_dtool.h fileReference.h hashGeneratorBase.h hashVal.h indirectLess.h memoryInfo.h memoryUsage.h memoryUsagePointerCounts.h memoryUsagePointers.h multifile.h namable.h nodePointerTo.h nodePointerToBase.h nodeReferenceCount.h openSSLWrapper.h ordered_vector.h pStatCollectorForwardBase.h password_hash.h patchfile.h pointerTo.h pointerToArray.h pointerToArrayBase.h pointerToBase.h pointerToVoid.h profileTimer.h pta_int.h pta_uchar.h pta_double.h pta_float.h pta_stdfloat.h ramfile.h referenceCount.h subStream.h subStreamBuf.h subfileInfo.h temporaryFile.h threadSafePointerTo.h threadSafePointerToBase.h trueClock.h typedReferenceCount.h typedef.h vector_uchar.h vector_double.h vector_float.h vector_stdfloat.h virtualFileList.h virtualFileMount.h virtualFileComposite.h virtualFile.h virtualFileMountMultifile.h virtualFileMountRamdisk.h virtualFileMountSystem.h virtualFileSimple.h virtualFileSystem.h weakPointerCallback.h weakPointerTo.h weakPointerToBase.h weakPointerToVoid.h weakReferenceList.h windowsRegistry.h zStream.h zStreamBuf.h p3express_composite1.cxx p3express_composite2.cxxdyld: Library not loaded: libp3interrogatedb.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/panda/../built/bin/interrogate
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Maybe I will just turn off python integration for now

I’m an Android guy, but I’m really interested to see Panda running on an Iphone. So good luck!

Here is the latest error:

env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.6 PATH="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=4.3  -o Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/check_adler Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/check_adler_check_adler.o    -L../downloader/Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS -L../express/Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS -L../pandabase/Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS -L/Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/built/lib -L/Users/gongpei/Projects/panda3d/built/lib -lp3downloader -lp3express -lp3express -lp3pandabase -lp3pandabase -lp3interrogatedb -lp3prc -lp3dconfig -lp3dtoolutil -lp3dtoolbase -lp3pystub -lp3prc -lz  -framework Foundation
Undefined symbols for architecture armv6:
  "_Dtool_TypedReferenceCount", referenced from:
      MemoryUsagePointers::get_python_pointer(int) constin libp3express.a(p3express_p3express_composite1.o)
  "_Dtool_TypedObject", referenced from:
      MemoryUsagePointers::get_python_pointer(int) constin libp3express.a(p3express_p3express_composite1.o)
  "_Dtool_ReferenceCount", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv6

I’m guessing these symbols should be in dtoolbase?

So the error is in downloadutils. I’m not sure what this is for. Can I just turn it off for iPhone? If so, how would I do that.

thanks
colin

You should not put built/bin on your PATH. This makes the installer use the copy of interrogate that is in there, which will not work because it is compiled for a different architecture.

Instead, leave your system Panda3D SDK somewhere on the PATH. Just keep in mind that interrogate depends on other Panda3D libraries in dtool that, when added to the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, may interfere with your build.

Also keep in mind that the “dtool” tree contains libraries that need to be linked into other Panda libraries later in the process, so compiling the “dtool” tree for Mac OS X instead of iPhoneOS to solve the interrogate issue will not work. You really need two separate versions of Panda3D; the iPhoneOS ones you are building, and the one that is used by utilities that need to be run during the build (mainly interrogate), which could simply be an existing installation of the Panda3D SDK for Mac OS X.

For the record, I do not recommend compiling with an optimize level of 1 when building for such a low-end machine; it’s usually best to squeeze out every drop of performance to make it run decently. Optimize 1 will be exceedingly slow on the iPhone.

The errors you’re getting indicate that the _igate.o file for libp3express didn’t get properly linked in. Can you show me the compilation steps for a clean build of the express directory?

Doing a clean build now. I turned off interrogate and python support adding:

#define INTERROGATE_PYTHON_INTERFACE
#define HAVE_PYTHON false

in my Config.pp

I also didn’t have an installed Python when first attempting this, so I deleted everything and started anew without trying to turn off interrogate and python (which could be the cause of this igate issue)

colin

This error must have been related to either my attempt at disabling interrogate (maybe dtool wasn’t cleaned?).

I suppose I can look into the original error more if you are interested, but for now with python/interrogate enabled I have a complete build.

Thanks for the heads up on the OPTIMIZE setting but 1 is intended since I’m statically linking panda to my app and I want as much debugging as possible until I push out a final build. :slight_smile:

Sorry for all the handholding, but I have another question.

Here is my current Config.pp

#define OPTIMIZE 1
#define BUILD_IPHONE iPhoneOS
#define HAVE_GLES 1
#define GLES_LIBS
#define HAVE_FREETYPE
#define FREETYPE_CONFIG
#define COMPILE_IN_DEFAULT_FONT

#define HAVE_OPENGL
#define HAVE_GL

#define HAVE_OPENSSL
#define LINK_ALL_STATIC

I’ve turned off open gl since glstuff would not compile, but I then get errors in included files present in the glstuff directory:

cd ./src/iphonedisplay && make all
env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5 PATH="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -ftemplate-depth-30 -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=2.0 -c -o Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/p3iphonedisplay_config_iphonedisplay.o -I. -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/panda -I../../metalibs/panda -I../audio -I../chan -I../char -I../collide -I../cull -I../device -I../dgraph -I../display -I../downloader -I../dxml -I../event -I../express -I../framework -I../glesgsg -I../glstuff -I../gobj -I../grutil -I../gsgbase -I../linmath -I../mathutil -I../movies -I../nativenet -I../net -I../pandabase -I../parametrics -I../pgraph -I../pgraphnodes -I../pgui -I../pipeline -I../pnmimage -I../pnmimagetypes -I../pstatclient -I../putil -I../recorder -I../text -I../tform -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include/python2.6   -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=20000 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -fPIC config_iphonedisplay.mm
env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5 PATH="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -ftemplate-depth-30 -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=2.0 -c -o Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/p3iphonedisplay_viewController.o -I. -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/panda -I../../metalibs/panda -I../audio -I../chan -I../char -I../collide -I../cull -I../device -I../dgraph -I../display -I../downloader -I../dxml -I../event -I../express -I../framework -I../glesgsg -I../glstuff -I../gobj -I../grutil -I../gsgbase -I../linmath -I../mathutil -I../movies -I../nativenet -I../net -I../pandabase -I../parametrics -I../pgraph -I../pgraphnodes -I../pgui -I../pipeline -I../pnmimage -I../pnmimagetypes -I../pstatclient -I../putil -I../recorder -I../text -I../tform -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include/python2.6   -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=20000 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -fPIC viewController.mm
env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5 PATH="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -ftemplate-depth-30 -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=2.0 -c -o Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/p3iphonedisplay_eaglView.o -I. -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/panda -I../../metalibs/panda -I../audio -I../chan -I../char -I../collide -I../cull -I../device -I../dgraph -I../display -I../downloader -I../dxml -I../event -I../express -I../framework -I../glesgsg -I../glstuff -I../gobj -I../grutil -I../gsgbase -I../linmath -I../mathutil -I../movies -I../nativenet -I../net -I../pandabase -I../parametrics -I../pgraph -I../pgraphnodes -I../pgui -I../pipeline -I../pnmimage -I../pnmimagetypes -I../pstatclient -I../putil -I../recorder -I../text -I../tform -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I/usr/include/python2.6   -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=20000 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -fPIC eaglView.mm
In file included from ../glstuff/glTextureContext_src.h:63,
                 from ../glstuff/glstuff_src.h:36,
                 from ../glesgsg/glesgsg.h:111,
                 from iPhoneGraphicsWindow.h:21,
                 from eaglView.mm:22:
../glstuff/glTextureContext_src.I: In constructor ‘GLESTextureContext::GLESTextureContext(PreparedGraphicsObjects*, Texture*, int)’:
../glstuff/glTextureContext_src.I:32: error: ‘GL_NONE_OES’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/p3iphonedisplay_eaglView.o] Error 1

I’ll start looking into this error now, but if you know the problem I’d appreciate a solution to save me some time. :slight_smile:

Has something has changed in the API:

Marks-iMac-2:panda colinn$ grep -Rn "GL_NONE_OES" /Developer//Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGLES.framework/*
Marks-iMac-2:panda colinn$ grep -Rn "GL_NONE" /Developer//Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGLES.framework/*
/Developer//Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGLES.framework/Headers/ES2/gl.h:489:#define GL_NONE 

How should I wrap this? Use HAVE_GLES?

Not sure where that GL_NONE is supposed to be defined, so for now I just set it to 0

#define GL_NONE 0 // GL_NONE_OES

Next error is here:

void IPhoneGraphicsWindow::
close_window() {
  //  system_close_window();

WindowProperties properties;
  properties.set_open(false);
  system_changed_properties(properties);

//  release_system_resources(false);
  _gsg.clear();
  [color=red]_active = false;
  GraphicsWindow::close_window();
}

_active isn’t found so I replaced it with set_active(false)

Looks like direct is a little out of date:

cd ./src/showbase && make all
env MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5 PATH="/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -ftemplate-depth-30 -arch armv6 -mcpu=arm1176jzf-s -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -fpascal-strings -miphoneos-version-min=2.0 -c -o Opt1-OSX-iPhoneOS/p3showbase_showBase_assist.o -I. -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/direct -I../directbase -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/Users/colinn/Projects/panda3d/built/include -I/usr/include/python2.6   -D__IPHONE_OS_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED=20000 -Wall -gdwarf-2 -fPIC showBase_assist.mm
showBase_assist.mm:7:27: error: AppKit/AppKit.h: No such file or directory
showBase_assist.mm: In function ‘void activate_osx_application()’:
showBase_assist.mm:17: error: ‘NSApplication’ was not declared in this scope
showBase_assist.mm:17: error: ‘YES’ was not declared in this scope

So, does panda 3D games run on iphone now ?

I think they have rendered since 2009, I don’t know if there is anything there for input or sound (although I guess you could just use openAL)

I tried building the iPhoneSimulator but got some linker errors in interrogate. I’m doing a clean, statically linked, release build for iPhoneOS to see how large pview is.

EDIT:

pview comes in at around 30 megabytes, which is rather large. I’ll be looking into whether or not I can get rid of some libraries.

Thank you for the information. :slight_smile:

I don’t know what libraries exist in the iphone realm, but there’s a list of libraries and what they do in this thread: panda3d.org/forums/viewtopic … 15&start=0
On Windows/Linux/Mac you can save tons of space by excluding some of them,

Any ideas on how to get the library sizes down? I turned off most everything:

Config.pp

#define HAVE_P3D_RTDIST

#define HAVE_TINYDISPLAY
#define HAVE_EIGEN
#define HAVE_ODE
#define HAVE_NET
#define HAVE_EGG
#define HAVE_PNG
#define HAVE_JPEG
#define HAVE_VIDEO4LINUX
#define HAVE_TIFF
#define HAVE_SGI_RGB 
#define HAVE_TGA 
#define HAVE_IMG 
#define HAVE_SOFTIMAGE_PIC 
#define HAVE_BMP 
#define HAVE_PNM 
#define HAVE_TAR
#define HAVE_FFTW
#define HAVE_SQUISH
#define HAVE_BDB
#define HAVE_CG
#define HAVE_CGGL
#define HAVE_CGDDX8
#define HAVE_CGDX9
#define HAVE_CGDX10
#define HAVE_VRPN
#define HAVE_HELIX
#define HAVE_ZLIB
#define HAVE_GL
#define HAVE_MESA
#define HAVE_SDL
#define HAVE_X11
#define HAVE_XF86DGA
#define HAVE_XRANDR
#define HAVE_XCURSOR
#define HAVE_WGL
#define HAVE_DX8
#define HAVE_DX9
#define HAVE_OPENCV
#define HAVE_ODE
#define HAVE_AWESOMIUM
#define HAVE_PHYSX
#define HAVE_SPEEDTREE
#define HAVE_WX
#define HAVE_FOCLLADA
#define HAVE_COLLADA14DOM
#define HAVE_COLLADA15DOM
#define HAVE_ASSIMP
#define HAVE_ARTOOLKIT

#define OPTIMIZE 4
#define BUILD_IPHONE iPhoneOS
#define HAVE_GLES 1 
#define GLES_LIBS
#define HAVE_FREETYPE
#define FREETYPE_CONFIG
#define COMPILE_IN_DEFAULT_FONT

#define HAVE_OPENGL
//#define GL_IPATH
//#define GL_FRAMEWORK
//#define GL_LIBS
#define HAVE_GL

#define HAVE_OPENSSL
#define LINK_ALL_STATIC yes

And here are the sizes I get:

-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   289544 24 Apr 15:48 libp3audio.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    30344 24 Apr 15:48 libp3cftalk.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1149616 24 Apr 15:48 libp3chan.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   449096 24 Apr 15:48 libp3char.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1447216 24 Apr 15:48 libp3collide.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   724288 24 Apr 15:21 libp3cppParser.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   113496 24 Apr 15:48 libp3cull.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     6296 24 Apr 15:21 libp3dconfig.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   331352 24 Apr 15:48 libp3device.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   160184 24 Apr 15:48 libp3dgraph.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  2043568 24 Apr 15:48 libp3display.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   320808 24 Apr 15:48 libp3distort.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   603896 24 Apr 15:48 libp3downloader.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff      672 24 Apr 15:21 libp3dtool.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    80080 24 Apr 15:21 libp3dtoolbase.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    42640 24 Apr 15:21 libp3dtoolconfig.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   305496 24 Apr 15:21 libp3dtoolutil.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   414688 24 Apr 15:48 libp3dxml.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  3464008 24 Apr 14:00 libp3egg.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   627464 24 Apr 14:00 libp3egg2pg.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   816808 24 Apr 15:48 libp3event.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  3057496 24 Apr 15:48 libp3express.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   428736 24 Apr 15:48 libp3framework.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   422264 24 Apr 15:48 libp3glesgsg.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     1936 24 Apr 15:48 libp3glstuff.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  5369864 24 Apr 15:48 libp3gobj.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1365856 24 Apr 15:48 libp3grutil.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    69120 24 Apr 15:48 libp3gsgbase.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   261672 24 Apr 15:21 libp3interrogatedb.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   138560 24 Apr 15:48 libp3iphonedisplay.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  2979168 24 Apr 15:48 libp3linmath.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1751576 24 Apr 15:48 libp3mathutil.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   246872 24 Apr 15:48 libp3movies.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   233576 24 Apr 15:48 libp3nativenet.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   578616 24 Apr 13:59 libp3net.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   134224 24 Apr 15:48 libp3openal_audio.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     1832 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pandabase.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   984744 24 Apr 15:48 libp3parametrics.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1228808 24 Apr 15:48 libp3particlesystem.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  7923568 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pgraph.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   994880 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pgraphnodes.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  1011664 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pgui.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   938248 24 Apr 15:48 libp3physics.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   346848 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pipeline.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   647624 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pnmimage.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    39152 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pnmimagetypes.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   246800 24 Apr 15:21 libp3prc.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   139616 24 Apr 15:48 libp3pstatclient.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  2182544 24 Apr 15:48 libp3putil.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    10760 24 Apr 15:21 libp3pystub.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   231320 24 Apr 15:48 libp3recorder.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    35032 24 Apr 15:48 libp3skel.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   963856 24 Apr 15:48 libp3text.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   893048 24 Apr 15:48 libp3tform.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff  7232016 24 Apr 14:00 libp3tinydisplay.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff   102880 24 Apr 15:48 libp3tinyxml.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff    45288 24 Apr 15:48 libp3vision.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     5912 24 Apr 15:48 libpanda.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     4528 24 Apr 14:00 libpandaegg.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     4296 24 Apr 15:48 libpandaexpress.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     4392 24 Apr 15:48 libpandafx.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     2248 24 Apr 15:48 libpandagles.a
-rwxr-xr-x  1 colinn  staff     4600 24 Apr 15:48 libpandaphysics.a

libp3graph is close to 8 MB which is about the size I wanted in total for final app.

Looking at the components of libp3graph we can see that the majority looks to be igate generated stuff:

-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff  7923568 24 Apr 15:35 libp3pgraph.a
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff  2222433 24 Apr 15:33 libp3pgraph.in
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff  7762381 24 Apr 15:33 libp3pgraph_igate.cxx
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff  4069288 24 Apr 15:35 libp3pgraph_igate.o
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff   441284 24 Apr 15:31 p3pgraph_nodePath.o
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff   463516 24 Apr 15:32 p3pgraph_p3pgraph_composite1.o
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff   811832 24 Apr 15:32 p3pgraph_p3pgraph_composite2.o
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff   920308 24 Apr 15:33 p3pgraph_p3pgraph_composite3.o
-rw-r--r--  1 colinn  staff   882092 24 Apr 15:33 p3pgraph_p3pgraph_composite4.o

interrogate is interesting but this 7 meg c++ file it generated is a little hard to swallow. Is there an easy way to have more granularity over what you want interrogate to generate without needing to #ifdef?