Introduction

Greetings everybody, new kid (at heart) on the block!

My name is Manu and I’m typing from a surprisingly sunny UK. But do not worry! Won’t last long as the UK are just as rainy as people say they are. =)

I’m currently designing a framework for a set of casual games I intend to develop and I’m on the brink of finally switching from design to development. I’m here because after some agonizing thinking I’ve eventually settled for Panda3D as the engine of choice. I was considering Torque initially but I’ve picked up a lot of bad vibe about it and eventually decided against it. On the other hand I’m attracted by the idea of developing mostly in Python and by the thriving community Panda enjoys. Hopefully one day I’ll have enough practical experience with Panda to give back to the community at least part of the support and knowledge it is already providing, i.e. through the forum.

I don’t have too many questions to ask at this particular point in time but there are a couple of issues that I could use some help with. I shall ask about them in a couple of separate posts to keep things tidy, but in the meantime I just wanted to say hello and to thank the developers and the community for what looks like a lovely engine.

That’s all!

Manu

You’re very welcome here! We’d be happy to answer any question you have when they appear.