Intgerating Panda render window in an application?

I am new to Panda3D and Python, I come from C# / C++ / Win32 API world.

I want to do some experiments to get started with Panda3d. I do not want to use a Panda’s GUI system right now, but to concentrate on 3D things in Panda window and build some application around it, where I can have a logging window, a command console, a list with active onscreen objects, and some command buttons so I can manage my 3d thingies and networking without using 3D mouse-picking or GUI overlays.

What would be the easiest way to embed Panda render window in my own application window?
C++ or Python?
I myself look more forward to C++ application as a wrapper (because that is what I am more used to), but I also want to keep all the Pyhton abilities to control Panda scene. Is there any tutorial/example, how to integrate it all - Panda3d window and Python console in a C++ Win32 application?

A crazy idea - it would be great to embed Panda3d in a C#.NET Winform and add Python console like this:

pythonnet.sourceforge.net/

:smiley: what a powerful combination of WinForms simplicity + Python control over Panda3d :unamused: if only I knew how to pass a handle (or whatever) of Panda window to Python with lots of PInvokes or implementing a complete Pada3d.NET wrapper.

You can parent the Panda window to the window of your choosing. Get the HANDLE of the parent window, and pass it as an integer to the WindowProperties.setParentWindow() method. Or, if you are just creating a single default window, you can put it in your Config.prc with the line:

parent-window-handle 123123123

where 123123123 is the integer value of your parent window’s HANDLE.

David