Integrated Graphics

I’ve recently installed Panda3d on a computer with Intel® 82945G Express Chipset Family (integrated graphics) and I cannot get Panda3d to run. On the other computer with Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS, Panda3d runs fine.

The error I receive on the integrated graphics machine is:

“ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

I tried putting the dll loading function in a try loop and it seems about 5/8th of the dlls fail to load. among them libpanda.

Is this problem related to the integrated graphics?

Thanks

Nope. Try installing the .NET framework 3.5.

Ah ok thanks alot, I’ll try that next time.

Btw, do you know where I can get the source code for some of the user made games? like for the games featured in the screenshots on the right hand side. I was hoping to make an rts style game and wanted to see the code for other rts.Thanks

Edit: also I realized afterward version 1.5.4 works fine on the computer with integrated graphics without installing .NET 3.5, so I’m using that for now.

I don’t think those games have source code available.

1.5.4 indeed works, but for some weird reason 1.6.x requires installing the .NET framework. We haven’t found the cause of that problem yet - but for now, there’s a workaround.

Hello, I have Panda3d installed on my desktop PC and it works fine, now as I am trying to get Panda3d to work on a fresh install of win xp on my laptop I am having issues. (i get the same error that was posted above) I have tried every combination Of python things I thought imaginable and have re-installed at least 3 times. The current setup is this

1.Completely clean win xp
2.No Python installed whatsoever
3. Install panda3d using whatever python they provide.

ERROR: “ImportError: DLL load failed: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”

Any ideas? How did you get yours to work?

Thanks A lot

Did you try installing the .NET framework 3.5 ?

OK, I had a lot of updates to install, but now it works fine thanks!