Installing panda with blender that already have python [solv

As interpreter I have pspad and NetBean. I think both are good. I already have python installed 2.5.2
I try NetBean, I open a new projet, copy the following

import direct.directbase.DirectStart

run()

Press run, got that message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “E:\DOWNLOAD\Video Game software\Panda\Panda directory\NewPythonProject2\src\NewPythonProject2.py”, line 1, in
ImportError: No module named direct.directbase.DirectStart

Ok it is not working. I am trying to run the .py in the python shell

got that message

ImportError: No module named direct.directbase.DirectStart

Any suggestion.

Panda comes with its own copy of Python in C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\python\ppython.exe (assuming you are on Windows). This interpreter has all needed modules pre-installed (these modules don’t exist in the default Python interpreter).

i think maybe its because ur python look in different directories or sumthing not quite sure, try to use command promt and type python test.py e.g
C:/panda3D-1.6.0>python “filename.py”

This is a commonly asked question, you need to make sure you’re running Panda’s copy of Python, not your own-installed Python.

Or, its also perfectly possible to make your current version of Python aware of the Panda3D libraries.
You need to locate the file C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\python\Lib\site-packages\panda3d.pth file, and copy it into the site-packages dir of your custom Python installation. (Note: it does need to be 2.5 or 2.5.x, not any other version)

I am sorry but that file dose not exist panda3d.pth . I have win XP. But the sample game start from the windows menu, curiously.

[EDIT] I got it to work (panda + netbeans but not blender)

1. I uninstall python (original) from main menu
  2. uninstall penda
  3. reinstall panda
  4. Start the test file.py (it ask me to open it with what) I choose C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\python

Right now I can have the grey screen. Good. Not so fast. When I start blender there is a message on the blender/python console “no python installed python found”

• Netbean was configured that way and it run it.

• Tool

• Python platform

• New

• will ask the path enter C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\python\ppython.exe

You are set.

• Now you want to create a new project, (don’t do a new file)
  • Next,
  • A name is highlighted call it test
  • Click next.

then type

run()

Then click on the green icon (play) to run.

• you supposed to have a grey screen it it work.
    ==============================

Now how can I have python normal 2.5.2 reinstalled? It crash.

Got back blender to work. To make work blender as I said above I need to uninstall the original python.

• Then You might need to set an environment variable (Control Panel->System->Advanced) find or create a value called PYTHONHOME set to the directory you installed Python in if you didn’t put it in the default place (C:\Python25) wish is
    C:\Panda3D-1.6.0\python