installer?

error at 1.6.2, ok i think i can fix this bug. but why is it marked as stable? i start to wondering how peoples can develop on win, maybe it works very well on linux.
sorry, but i got a bit frustrated.

1.6.2 related:
after copying all missing dll´s into my project…
at 1.6.2 it seems no dll get loaded via the vc++ project directory entries. and of course i change this entries for 1.6.2.

and so far i know, im not doing anything wrong. maybe its visual studio, which is a pita.

im very frustrated now!!! everything started so nice and now this cheesy thing!

here the code:

#undef NDEBUG
#include "pandaFramework.h"
#include "pandaSystem.h"

PandaFramework framework;
WindowFramework *window;
NodePath camera;
PT(ClockObject) globalClock = ClockObject::get_global_clock();

void windowOPEN() {
	framework.set_window_title("test");
	window = framework.open_window();
	window->get_graphics_window()->get_active_display_region(0)->set_clear_color(Colorf(1,1,1,1));
}
void getCAMERA() {
	camera = window->get_camera_group(); 
}
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
	framework.open_framework(argc, argv);
    windowOPEN();
	getCAMERA();

framework.main_loop();
    framework.close_framework();
    return (0);
}

please add this thing to the panda manual.

just a short guid how to publish out of visual studio that the code which was written to run on every computer with the same os.

let me say it that way, im sure lot of users have this problem. but it seems im the onlyone who points that out!!

1. the dll´s wont loaded right.
  2. its not possible to publish, without having a solid c++ background.
  3. there is no version, which are marked as stable, are running right for developing in visual studio.

i mean thats not tiny bugs or none important bugs!

please write just a quick guide how to do that. and im not shame by getting this help. im just out of my small latin of visual studio and c++. i would be very happy about.

a guide like:
point one: set your code generator on …
point two: bla bla
point three: bla bla

please do that, i wouldnt like to say panda is full of bugs or there are just posers which are developing it.

but there so many things which arnt running like they should. either i understand, that a engine is a very complex thing so i understand, that there could be bugs.

and im sorry to say, that im not a c++ programmer (i just started with c++ ~3 weeks ago, so i cant fix the bugs in panda, maybe tiny ones, but at this ones im out of any idea), im a artist. but im in need of the performance of c++. if it wouldnt be important for me, i wouldnt post here so often. and point this not working things out! :wink: its not that my problems i have with panda are related to me, that means most of the time im not doing anything wrong. its just not working!

Right. Some day panda may be well documented enough in c++ so that is approachable for beginners, but you said that you had been learning c++ for 3 weeks and that isn’t enough to understand all the nuisances, not of c++ per se, but of your system’s environment.

From reading your posts I seem to understand that you are using the global c++ binary directory settings to help your app locate the dlls.

This isn’t the preferred way of doing that. It’s there for legacy support and as a matter of fact it will be removed in vs 2010. The correct way of doing that is in the properties of your project -> debug, in environment add PATH=c:\panda\bin or w/e and enable the option “Merge environment.” In fact I added this note to the documentation like a month ago.

Having said that, unless you are interested in learning through your difficulties, choosing Panda with c++ with only 3 weeks of experience probably isn’t a good idea. And if you asked for advice before starting I’m pretty sure everybody must have told you to use Python unless you are very experienced with c++. (Clarification, “very experienced” here usually means years, although that would depend on your enthusiasm)

Also, as many other people I use Panda in c++, and everything works if you know what you are doing, there are bugs and shortcomings here and there but definitely not the cavalcade of errors you are experiencing. I suggest you either use Python, or if you want to fix your problems learn something about visual studio. Struggling with a low level language’s environment is a phase everybody goes through once, regardless of the engine.

About the lack of documentation, we couldn’t possibly cover the huge field of building c++ apps, that would take a full manual in itself, previous experience will always be required and we can’t do anything to change that, but contributions are welcome. If you want to do a better article about visual studio post it in the sticky in this forum, I will add it to the manual.

that makes all sense what you say.

i like python, its very powerful and amazing to develop with. but im in need of the performance of c++. i have nearly done my first game in c++. its just a tiny game, but its quite funny to play. thats why i was so frustrated that i cant publish it at moment. the way i will try to learn c++ is in combination with panda on that way i have a visual feedback and i can realize funny and serious things with. but you have for 100% right! to learn programming is something which never stops.

thanks alot for your endurance with me. :wink:

so now i can publish my test file that its running on my other computer. :slight_smile: you had right, i had a typo my system variables. :blush:

but now i got a new problem :smiley: with my buttons:

this piece of code brings my publishing in MT to crash, i have no problems by running it with code generate MDd but if im setting it on MT …

framework.define_key(config->get_click_event(MouseButton::one() ), "button press", &CONFIGGAME, config);

whats wrong with that?

the error is the same one, the one with this corrupt heap.

its not so urgent, i will try to publish my game without the menu for the moment. either i could do a collision request for.

but this part have definitive a problem. and thats why i couldnt publish yesterday i think. i havnt tried it again with my testfile to do the manifest including again, while my focus was, to bring this cg.dll out of my project directory. i just missed that point, while my frustration. :smiley:

but im happy for the moment that i can publish on a way that a simple program is running on different computers.

so here my fist game, its not finished, i have to include my ai and the game logic. so you just can play it. and either i was to lazy to figure out which files need excatly copied into game. this i will do next.

but im very happy that it runs on other computer with windows.

https://discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?p=54577#54577