installation issues

i’ve got directx 9.0b and win xp.

this happens irrespective of whether i have openGL or directx selected in configrc.

also, i can’t uninstall the program. using control panel or the standalone, it tells me it’s removing it but no such thing happens.

The error message implies that Panda did not read a load-display line from your Configrc file. Since you have such a line, it follows that it did not read your Configrc file at all.

Probably your environment variable CONFIG_CONFIG did not get set properly; this is the variable that tells Panda where to look for your Configrc file. I think the installer writes this into the registry, but you will probably need to open a new shell to get the new variable applied to your local command shell.

You can also try running pview from the same directory that contains Configrc, just to prove this out–if CONFIG_CONFIG is not defined, the default is to look for Configrc in the current directory.

David

I installed Panda 3D on my Windows ME computer…
when I type pview at first, it couldn’t even find the .exe because it didn’t modify my autoexect to set my path to include c:\panda\bin…
and now when I run pview it says a required dll libframework.dll not found…

heh… i tried moving all the .dll files to my system32 and doesn’t work.

This is a known issue with the last release of Panda3D that we offer on the web. We are currently working on putting out a new release that resolves the problem!

Josh

I’ve just discovered Panda3D and it seems wonderfull.

I’ve tested a pair of samples, and decided to test Airblade.

Executting Airblade I’ve got some errors like this:

So I had to manually add

True=1
False=0

to the corresponding files.

Maybe the problem is because it’s being used Python 2.2 (and booleans are introduced in Python 2.3)

The same happens with “lighting and fog” sample, and the SceneEditor.

I hope this can help.

Actually, although the new boolean type was not fully introduced until Python 2.3, the “True” and “False” symbols were introduced as early as Python 2.2.1.

Jason, I think the problem is that the Panda3D Windows installer does not include python22.dll. (It includes python.exe, but the meat of Python is defined in the dll). This means when you try to run python.exe, it picks up whatever version of Python2.2.x happens to be installed elsewhere on your machine.

For instance, in my case:

C:> c:\Panda\etc\Python22\python -V
Python 2.2.2

In Pau’s case, I’d guess it’s picking up Python 2.2.0, which doesn’t have the “True” and “False” symbols defined.

David

Actually, although the new boolean type was not fully introduced until Python 2.3, the “True” and “False” symbols were introduced as early as Python 2.2.1.

Jason, I think the problem is that the Panda3D Windows installer does not include python22.dll. (It includes python.exe, but the meat of Python is defined in the dll). This means when you try to run python.exe, it picks up whatever version of Python2.2.x happens to be installed elsewhere on your machine.

For instance, in my case:

C:> c:\Panda\etc\Python22\python -V
Python 2.2.2

In Pau’s case, I’d guess it’s picking up Python 2.2.0, which doesn’t have the “True” and “False” symbols defined.

David

im having the same problem

some other people that play toontown, who just installed panda3d, get it to work. but for some reason it doesnt for me.

now, i dont really know too much about what to do… so, can ya explain what i need to do in lamens terms.heh

some other people that play toontown, who just installed panda3d, get it to work. but for some reason it doesnt for me.

now, i dont really know too much about what to do… so, can ya explain what i need to do in lamens terms.heh

woah. sorry for triple posting it… it gave me an error, and i didnt think it submitted, so i sent again. sorry again

First all, greetings for everybody
My question,
Where is exporter egg from max 6
i would make reality scenes in a 3d engine but quality of others is to me low. Could with panda3d export a 3d max scene hi-quality?

hi javizero

as far as i understood, you like to export high-quality scenes from blender into panda.
as far as i know, you can export max to egg …i dont know if version 6 is supported but if you like high qialitiy you can try to use max’s “render to texture” to create all textures withhin lightning… of course its stupid due to massive memory usage, maybe its working with lightmaps only,too (at least i thought having read about shaders and p3d)

• anyway i dont think thats the topic- it may fit better to general diskussions

greetings
thommy