Install on new Ubuntu 10.4 install

I had no problems installing the .deb package on Ubuntu 9.10, but I just started with a fresh install with the release of 10.4.

The deb package is giving me an error saying there is a missing dependency: libcv1. The package doesn’t appear to exist in the main, universe or multi-verse repositories. Is there a deb location I can add to my software list to get this package, or is there going to be a new deb for Ubuntu 10.4?

Try karmic’s.

any time soon a deb package or a how to build from source on ubuntu 10.04 64 bit :unamused:

In terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:panda3d/ppa
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install panda3d

That should take care of everything, including installing libcv4, which is required by panda3d lucid package.

FYI, I just copied the lucid debs from the PPA to the download page.

Well I had the same problem as you are suffering. But I you have not mention that which errors you are getting. I have uninstalled it and again try to installed it than second time no any issue with installation. You can try it again and again. Hopefully you will solve the problem.

I am also finding the solution for it. I have already install Ubuntu 10.4 and now waiting for answer. I am not trying it because I have already installed just before 15 days.