Home-built Panda 1.9 on Ubuntu Saucy: Graphical Issues

One thing that has just occrred to me: the tutorial programs that I’m using are those provided with 1.8.1, I believe, and thus any changes since that version–including changes to the provided shaders–are presumably not present. If called for, I can try to download and run newer versions.

In case I’m doing something wrong, I’ll specify that I did this by adding the following to the start of the relevant “main” scripts, after whatever other PRC-related code was present:

loadPrcFileData("", "basic-shaders-only #t")

That said, doing so seemed to rectify the problem of the shader that was failing to load (the issue that I labelled “2” in my post above). My own PRC file, loaded at the start of my “main” script, disables “basic-shaders-only”, and I don’t believe that this has changed recently, so it was, presumably, working with that setting before I updated for this build (well, unless some other issue was causing Panda to switch to only using basic shaders despite this setting).

It doesn’t seem to have affected the other issues (the depth-buffer problem and the odd shader warnings), however.

As far as I can see, I’m not actually calling that function in the indicated file. o_0

Interestingly, on re-running one of the shadow-mapping tutorials (Tut-Shadow-Mapping-Advanced.py) to test the issues that I’m seeing there I discovered that the same warning seems to appear there, pointing to “shadow.sha”, on multiple lines. The specific error output is as follows, I believe:

:shader(warning): Encountered warnings during compilation of shadow.sha:
(34) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
(31) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
(31) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
:shader(warning): Encountered warnings during compilation of shadow.sha:
(34) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float3"
(55) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float"
(55) : warning C7011: implicit cast from "float4" to "float"

I made three, one for each of the files changed (DirectRadioButton, DirectDialog, and Transitions), I believe. These should be them:
DirectDialog
DirectRadioButton
Transitions

Here’s the original thread on the topic, I believe, in case it’s helpful.

Ah, that looks handy, thank you. :slight_smile:

(I’ll take a look at it in more detail when I’m (hopefully) less horribly tired. I’ll confess that I’m not terribly familiar with GIT, and thus am not clear on some of the terms used–a little research is called for on my part! ^^; )