High quality graphic within game??

Sorry for replying too late…but I decided not to reply before doing an example

ThomasEgi
Great idea

I did an example for this where eve is standing in the rain in front of a house and a windmill

yousendit.com/download/ZGJm … Y1R2Wmc9PQ
But I’m not fully satisfied with the results because of the low resolution of the background

your background is a non-power-of-2. panda will automatically rescale it unless you tell it not to. thus it ends up with 512x512 pixel actual resolution. you may want to fix that. also, you can make the floor invisible.

I thought about making the floor invisible but no shadow for eve will be casted!! :frowning:

Panda is perfectly capable of creating commercial quality games and without using 2D backgrounds. My current project looks like SCEA is creating it with a team of people backed by millions, but it’s just me.

I’m so tempted to show off some screens of my game, but I promised myself I would not until it’s near completion (or with a publisher for that matter). Besides, I haven’t even entered my graphics stage of the project yet (where I dedicate 100% to graphics). The game is looking good off of my basic level design and place holder textures alone.

No surprise given my natural talent is art and creativity. I will no doubt place the project with a publisher in the future. A USA based publisher.

My current project will not in anyway reflect on my absolute creativity or artistic abilities. Keep in mind, I’m learning P3D as I go along, so I’m only going to get better and better as I come to master the Engine I’m working with (which will take a long time I’m sure).

I’m currently testing game environments with my low polygon character main, which will be the default, but users will have the ability to select a high polygon count version of the main on the settings screen. Given the way I like to balance performance and graphics, the high polygon main character should not cause the frame rate to drop dead.

I’m expecting some frame rate loss to occur, but all in all the fps should still be above 30 (depending on system). Right now the fps is still at 60, but there’s so much more to go in. I’m expecting the fps to bounce somewhere between 50 to 60 and maybe 40ish in some places at project end (higher end system). If the fps stays above 50 at end I’ll be tickled pink.

Going Pro is ridiculous work. This isn’t the first game I’m attempting to develop. This is the third actually. The first two games I ever made were not to be published, they were done for experience. So I know how tough and grinding it is to complete a project this big.

IT’S KILLING ME!!!

But that’s the price you pay for going Pro alone. The work load is ridiculous because YOU have to work all jobs. That’s why I try to use the same development plan for every project and right now I’m on the level design stage, which is one of the biggest month eater parts of development. You all have no Idea of how happy I’ll be to FINALLY get done with basic level design.

Once I have my entire game world done, which means the stage is set…I can then start to move faster in development. Level design is time consuming because you have to model, texture create, UV map, export and add to source and programming and more programming in order to get a level complete; because you have to add collision behavior, camera behavior, LOF behavior (load on the fly), lights and more.

I’ll be moving to Enemy Design after I reach my stopping point with level design. Why? Because I can’t complete the combat system until I design the game’s very first Enemies and construct basic enemy AI. The combat system is a three part system. I am creating a hardcore action title and I don’t want players of my game making that typical insulting comment, which is… “This is another God of War.” Crap I hate that!!

Every good action game the comes out now has to be another God of War or poor re-creation attempt. GOW is not that great and part one was the best. So I’m making it my top priority to give gamers something Original! I am an originator and not a refresher anyway. I have too much creativity to copy another game.

Anyway, my game involves a female lead character. The setting is based on ancient times, but not Greek Mythology. (You can tell I’m trying not to tell much here) Greek Mythology is overused so I decided to created one of the World’s first action games based on another Mythology and this Mythology is long over due!

Anyway, I’m going to hit the bed now and get some rest and when I get up…it’s back at it again. Hours a day everyday. I’m even letting sex go because it steals my energy away from me and I want to get this project done by the end of this year (or early next year at latest).

If I get tired and continue to work, I can see it in my artwork because I start slacking; so I try to avoid that. I want this title damn impressive at final; I’m talking in the top ten on the PC platform. I’m not worried about reaching that goal.

I’m more worried about me slacking off.

I’ve been taking a look at a lot of games being developed by different people online and I haven’t seen one commercial quality title yet (shame). I wonder what people would say if they seen mine? Probably wouldn’t believe what they see. Lol.

“You only get out of something what you put into it.”

See you all at E3. Lmao! :laughing: Just joking!

Regards everyone