Hi. New and having fun

Hey all. I’ve been learning P3D going on a month now. I’ve studied 3D rendering and game development a little in the past but this is the first time I’ve actually produced something (cheesy as it may be…it’s mine :slight_smile: At 40 I finally decided to stop playing video games (as much) and pursue my fantasy of writing something.
So I’m shooting for the moon; why not. Going for the massive terrain, open space, MMORPG. Step 1, build the world…ugh. But hey, I have a pretty functional camera class ala most MMO styles. (a few minor annoyes to work out before “launch”) I have a sky dome and some decent looking textures, heightmap generation via a few different tools, (thus using geomipterrain)…blah blah blah. Anyway, it’s been a heck of a month of learning and I look forward to interacting with the P3D community a lot.

Welcome to the community! I personally am also new here, having just registered today. I did a bunch of work with Panda over the summer at CMU, and am now working on using it for a project for one of my classes here at RIT.

If I have learned anything in my short time on these forums, its that if you need help, it is available, and if you discover something cool you can do, feel free to share it!

Welcome to panda and the forum.

A tip … put the massive super MMORPG on a side for now and try focus on getting something A LOT simpler working - the satisfaction will be a lot bigger once you have something finished on the table (or should I say computer :slight_smile: ).