Help.....

I feel like an idiot of a noob, but I cant figure out how to open Panda 3D on My computer. The manual says:

[i]To start Panda3D, create a text file and save it with the .py extension. PYPE, SPE and IDLE are Python-specific text-editors, but any text editor will work. Enter the following text into your Python file:

import direct.directbase.DirectStart
run()

DirectStart loads most of the other Panda3D modules, and causes the 3D window to appear. The run subroutine contains the Panda3D main loop. It renders a frame, handles the background tasks, and then repeats. It does not normally return, so it only needs to be called once and must be the last line in your script. In this particular example, there will be nothing to render, so you should expect a window containing an empty grey area.

To run your program, type this at the command prompt:

python filename.py

If Panda3D has been installed properly, a gray window titled Panda appear. There is nothing we can do with this window, but that will change shortly. [/i]

I have a Windows XP Service Pack 2 and I typed it into The Python GUI and got:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\panda.py”, line 2, in
import direct.directbase.DirectStart
ImportError: No module named direct.directbase.DirectStart

Did you install a separate Python installation beside the copy of Python that was installed by Panda3D? If so, you need to either make sure you’re running Panda’s copy of Python, or you need to copy the panda.pth file into the site-packages dir of your separate Python install.

Can you try running “ppython” (this links to panda’s version of python.exe) instead of “python” and see if that works?

oh yeah. thanks man. helped oodles.