Help !!!

Ok im a new programer and I have a problem I used chicken exporter egg thing in blender and then created a simple sphere but when I load the sphere into the seam with this code

import direct.directbase.DirectStart
from pandac.PandaModules import *
from direct.task import Task
from direct.actor import Actor
from direct.interval.IntervalGlobal import *
import math
environ = loader.loadModel(“models/untitled”)
environ.reparentTo(render)
environ.setScale(4,4,4)
environ.setPos(0,30,0)
run()

and its textures are screwed up it seams to take the top lefthand corners pixel of the texture what’s wrong??? :question: :question:

Not sure what you mean by this. I don’t have a solution for you sadly, just trying to figure out if the problem I’m having is the same one.

if you experience texture-distoritions it’s very likely that you didnt asign the correct UV-coordinates in blender.

to check this select your model, switch to “UV-edit” mode ( you need one view with the texture/uv-editor window) and see if the uv-coordinates are correctly mapped to the texture.

note: not all of blenders material settings are exported. see the chicken manual to see whether or not you’r using unsupported material settings.

EDIT: added “in blender” to avoid unneccessary confusion :stuck_out_tongue:

Could this cause the colors on the texture map to “mix” into one color as well?
What I mean is, if I have a red and blue stripped texture, it would be displayed as a single purple color, instead of the stripped pattern.

hm… in combination with the hardwaresided texture-filtering it might cause this.
if your textures appears to be very small on your model and your stripes are only one or a few pixels width it might get smoothed due to texture filtering which could cause the colors to blend. so yes. it might be.

Thanks for the reply, got it working now. I think it was a combination of various blender problems I was having.

Hope yours is working out as well abbxy.

Is there a code to texture an object with selected bmp or png :question: :question: :question: :question:

Yeah. Theres a huge section about texturing in the manual. It’s as easy as:

texture = loader.loadTexture("yourimage.png")
environ.setTexture(texture, 1)

Thanks ThomasEgi and Scooby it was the uv thing i dident even know existed :bulb: