Help!strange Critical error

I have just started learning panda3d last week with C++. After finishing some configurations, I can run the hello world demo.
However, when I continue to run the example codes for TextNode or ButtonNode, the exception occurred. I used VS2017 + panda3d 1.9.4,

#include "pandaFramework.h"
#include "pandaSystem.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
	//open a new window framework
	PandaFramework framework;
	framework.open_framework(argc, argv);
	//set the window title to My Panda3D Window
	framework.set_window_title("My Panda3D Window");
	WindowFramework *window = framework.open_window();
	PT(TextNode) pText = new TextNode("text");
	framework.main_loop();
	//close the window framework
	framework.close_framework();
	return (0);
}

Actually when I call the “new TextNode”, the program will crashed, and VS2017 told there was a critical error without more information. Same things occurred when I try to use “new ButtonNode”, “new PGSliderBar” and so on.

I don’t know the reason, and I can’t solve if so far. Some people suggested that the ‘NDEBUG’ should be deleted in the preprocessor definitions, but I’ ve already done that, so I don’t know why.
Please help,
thank you very much.

Firstly, you should ensure you are compiling in Release mode.

However, if you wish to use VS 2017, you need to either set the Platform Toolset to “Windows7.1SDK”, or you need to get a recent development build of Panda3D, which is compiled with the v140 toolset:
https://www.panda3d.org/download.php?platform=windows&version=devel&sdk

I highly recommend getting the development build.

Thank you very much for your help!
I’m sure it’s compiling in Release mode, actually I can successfully run some demos such as Hello panda without exception.
I did not find the panda 1.10 version to download before, and I’m grateful for your providing url. I’m trying the new version now with VS2017, hopefully it can work well.
Anyway, thank you so much!

Thank very much! I’ve downloaded the new version panda 1.10 and run the programs, and now they all works! I survive haha.
By the way, in the download page that the 1.9.4 version is still labeled as the newest version, so the 1.10 version is just provided no long ago? Besides, I think I need to refer to the C++ reference for some API help, and is it almost same in the 1.10 version compared with the 1.9.4 version? (Forgive me for not finding the C++ preference for 1.10)
Finally, really thank you!

1.10 is not formally released yet; what you downloaded is a pre-release. However, it is already fairly stable. A formal release should become available soon.

The API reference for the development version is available here:
https://www.panda3d.org/reference/devel/cxx/annotated