[Help] How to set parameters for 'setScale'?

I just finished the Panda3D tutorial, and I want to write some simple things by my own, but it is difficult for me to determine the parameters of [color=indigo]setScale. I don’t know how to scale my model into a proper size. I thought there might be similar questions like mine. By searching the forum, I get little.

Thank you in advance!

We also have a manual here.
This page should help you out:
panda3d.org/manual/index.php/C … te_Changes

Thanks!
Actually, I know the function and parameters. What I want to know is that when I load a model, how can I know what’s the right value for each axis to scale, setScale(0.1, 0.1, 0.1) or setScale(0.01, 0.03, 0.9).

You can’t.

When you model your models in your favorite modeling program, make sure your models always stick to a certain size ratio. Otherwise - you just have to manually see whether they are too big or too large and adjust the scale manually.

As far as I know there is a function that lets you know the size of your object. This function is usually used for collision detection(to get the proper size for a collision sphere for example), so you might want to have a look at that.
Once you know how big your original model is, you can calculate the Scale values to scale it to the desired size(that is of course only if you know how big your model should be).

@Legion: Yes, that’s possible using getBounds, but it’s not that easy. I’d suggest not using it for normal model-loading use.