help for blender, chicken config

I hope im in the right thread…

I’ve been trying to configure my chicken r74. i did all the instructions. but still i couldn’t run chicken exporter…i always end up at the configuration screen of chicken… i couldn’t find the right folder that states egg2bam.exe…

can anyone please tell me what to do? :frowning:

Your presumably under windows - you just need to browse to Pandas /bin directory, i.e. something like C:\Panda1.6.2\bin I should make that a little clearer in the installation guide.

i diddo all the instructions from the notepad that was included… i still get this command error:

configuration chichen, script is C:\documents and settings\stephen john\application data\blender foundation\blender.blender\scripts\bpydata\chicken/chicken config.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File"(string)", line 1, in (module)
Import Error: No module named BPyRegistry

this is when i tried exporting a simple plane… the default path on the manual configuration is:

PandaBinPath C:\Panda3D- 1.6.2\bin

what seems to be the problem guys…?

Never seen this one before… however, a bit of investigation indicates that BPyRegistry is a helper file that should exist in the directory bpymodules in your scripts directory, so I’m presuming its no longer there.
I see two likely causes:

1. In extracting the chicken_interface.py file into the bpymodules directory you have somehow deleted everything else that is in there. (Easy to do under Ubuntu, but never seen anyone do that under Windows before.)

2. You have a dud Blender install, or at least an install that doesn’t include the helper scripts. This seems more likely - reinstalling might just fix the problem. If your using some esoteric build that could also be an issue - I only ever test with the current blender release, never with anything on graphicall.org etc.

ok for no.1:
…chicken_interface.py is still in my scripts folder in “C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen John\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts”… and i think all the .py scripts are still in that folder…

for no.2
whats a dud blender install?i previously had the lower version of blender, and started updating it to 2.49… i also updated my python to 2.6 since it doesnt recognize lower version of python…
and whats a esoteric build? … i downloaded my blender at blender.org… and i haven’t been installing anything… i had it working from the previous version of blender and so is the chicken r66… but when i started updating everything, poof…it resulted these sort of stuffs.

chicken_interface.py should be in C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen John\Application Data\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts\bpymodules\ , noting that bpymodules should also contain the BPyRegistry.py file.

Don’t worry about esoteric builds - if you got it from blender.org then you haven’t got one.

A dud blender install is where something has gone wrong, often when upgrading from one version to the next. At this point my advice would be to uninstall your current version of blender, make sure its all gone and then reinstall it from scratch. Then reinstall Chicken. Something has evidently gone pear shaped, and its easier to start from scratch than figure out precisely what the problem is.

ok thank you lethe :0)