I seem to be having trouble aiming my directional lights. I change the .setHpr() value and run several tests and can see no visible differences. I’ve even tried spinning the dLight in the taskMgr and still could not get the light to change angles. Am I the only one having this problem?
Are you sure the light is assigned to the proper nodes? After you make the light, you still need to do a nodePath.setLight (LightNodePath) for it to take effect.
Also if you’re doing a setLightOff anywhere up the parent chain of your nodes, it will be propagated to the children unless they set their own lighting conditions.
All I can think of off the top of my head. I suspect it’s something really simple though.
It usually is something simple.
But I’m following the tutorials closely. I’ve also noticed if I set up a second directional light it doesn’t seem to have any effect.
I seem to have fixed the problem momentarily. I didn’t understand the initial orientation of the lights. But by using colored lights I figured it out. I was setting the same light twice. Good ole copy and paste.