Having problems compiling using makepanda

Hi guys i have been having some issues with using makepanda to create a release build of panda3D. The following are the error messages. Wonder if anyone knows of this? Thanks.

E:\Panda3D\panda3d-1.7.0-win32\panda3d-1.7.0>makepanda\makepanda.bat --everything --optimize 3 --installer
Generating library cache…
Generating dependencies…
[ 48%] Building Interrogate database built/pandac/input/libpandaphysx.in
Invalid type
Assertion failed: false, file e:\panda3d\panda3d-1.7.0-win32\panda3d-1.7.0\dtool\src\cppparser\cppExpression.cxx, line 96

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.
libpandaphysx_igate.cxx
c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: ‘built/tmp/libpandaphysx_igate.cxx’: No such file or directory
Storing dependency cache.
Elapsed Time: 42 sec

Build terminated.

Hmm, that’s strange all right. The assertion error is coming from interrogate; it’s trying to cast something that’s not an integer to an integer. My guess is it’s trying to parse code that says something like this:

#define SOME_SYMBOL snarf
#if SOME_SYMBOL

I don’t know what code that is, but the fact that your crash occurs while you’re building libpandaphysx suggests that it’s probably something in the PhysX header files.

So, I guess that the version of the PhysX header files you have installed isn’t compatible with Panda. You could try turning off the PhysX dependency in makepanda, if you don’t need PhysX. If you do need it, then you should look more closely at the version; or you can try to do some more research to figure out precisely where it’s going wrong and fix it. :slight_smile:

David