GUI texturing [SOLVED]

I’ve started working on my GUI and after running through a couple of design ideas I’ve decided that I’d really like to use bars for speed and shield strength that aren’t shaped like regular rectangles.

I’m thinking half-circles at the moment.

I’ve been trying to think of how to accomplish this, and the best idea I came up with is to use 2 textures, one for the bar when full, and an alpha cutout texture. Then I could move the alpha cutout to remove parts of the bar texture at a time.

When testing this, I discovered that if I apply textures to a DirectFrame using .setTexture I can’t produce the alpha cutout effect shown in the texture modes section of the manual. I made sure to set the transparency with TransparencyAttrib, but still no alpha cutout. Even with a single texture that has an alpha, I can’t get the alpha to be transparent. Am I doing something wrong, or is this simply not possible?

Nevermind. I got it to work with texture cards parented to render2d. There was some distortion of the height/width ration when I did this at first, but if I parent the texture card to a DirectFrame instead of render2d directly, that clears it up.