Game packaged and installed, failure on startup

So I packaged up the game I’ve been working on with packp3d and built an installer for it with pdeploy. Then I installed the game on my system and tried to run it. It crashed on startup, so I went digging in my local appdata, snatched up the log, and had a look-see.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 415, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 473, in __dispatch
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 748, in __startIfReady
TypeError: main() takes no arguments (1 given)
:task(error): Exception occurred in PythonTask Messenger-default
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 636, in run
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\task\Task.py", line 502, in run
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\task\Task.py", line 460, in step
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 415, in __taskChainDispatch
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\showbase\Messenger.py", line 473, in __dispatch
  File "C:\buildslave\release_rtdist_win32\build\panda3d\built_cmu\direct\p3d\AppRunner.py", line 748, in __startIfReady
TypeError: main() takes no arguments (1 given)
:TaskManager: TaskManager.destroy()
:display: Closing wglGraphicsWindow
Failure on startup.

Something called main is being fed an argument it ought not to be given. Thing is, there aren’t any methods, functions, or classes called main in my game. In fact, the only thing called main is the module that launches the game. Another funny thing, when my roommate installed the game on his computer it got further along than on mine (the window resized correctly and the main menu came up, though it crashed shortly there after).

I haven’t got a ghost of a clue as to where to start debugging this, since I haven’t got anything called main to be producing this error. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

After looking at this more closely, the error seems be coming from when the task manager tries to start it’s main loop. Not sure what I can do to fix it though.

I tried installing the game on a couple other computers, and it worked fine on both of them. It’s only on mine that I’m having this trouble with main() getting an argument it shouldn’t. I’d appreciate any input anyone can provide as to things to try and fix it.

I’m using panda3d 1.7.2 on windows 7 64 bit. I’ve re-packaged and reinstalled the game a few times. I’ve also updated my panda3d runtime because I noted that packp3d makes use of it.