Forum problem

I just find that I can’t read some post and can’t reply to some post.

==>

Could not obtain topic watch information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1105 Unknown error

SELECT topic_id FROM phpbb_topics_watch WHERE topic_id = 5979 AND user_id = 3608

Line : 417
File : posting.php

No problems with replying to that thread for me.
What if you turn off watching for that thread?

I’m getting the exact same problem, but for a different thread. Its not just clcheung - happened first last night for me, and is still happening this morning. Just the one thread - the 1.6.0 release one though!

Not happen on every topic. The “water surface” thread, I originally cannot reply to it, right now I cannot even look at it.

DEBUG MODE

SELECT notify_status FROM phpbb_topics_watch WHERE topic_id = 5979 AND user_id = 3608

Line : 222
File : viewtopic.php

The 1.6.0 release thread, I never turn on watching flag, but I cannot read it since today. The “basic-shader option” thread, I am watching it and so far no problem to read and reply.

Yeah I can confirm the bugs here,

It seems intermittent, some times it works, some times it doesn’t.

Can anyone look into this problem ?

It is definitely related to “Watching” feature. I have to stop watching this thread before I can post a reply here.

But some threads I cannot even look at it although I’ve never post on it or turn on the watch feature.

hehe ^ a phpbb April fools joke that forgot to stop? :stuck_out_tongue:
I haven’t noticed any problems over the past few days, but, yes clcheung, It seems to be related to the watching option - I’ve experienced the same problems, just not atm by the looks of it.

I tried logout and login, use other browsers, result is the same. But if I use guest account, I can see the problem posts.

Error I get:

DEBUG MODE

SELECT notify_status FROM phpbb_topics_watch WHERE topic_id = 5993 AND user_id = 3608

Line : 222
File : viewtopic.php

Same problem here…:
< so far just one thread atm: panda features in development:Panda3d-Editor>

thx
nl

Just a shot into the blue:

Looks like the mysql db is at its capacity… - or the machine behind that cannot handle all stuff. -> Timeout me thinks.

That would be an idea. But I can’t solve that - thats hardware issue where I don’t have access to. :frowning:

Regards, Bigfoot29

Same problem with the manual (ironically, for watched pages too):
panda3d.org/manual/index.php?title … on=history

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "PageHistory::getNotficationTimestamp". MySQL returned error "1036: Table 'watchlist' is read only (localhost)".

As said, I can’t do there much unless I have root access.

Still looks either just like the DB needs a small restart to clean up things or the machine where the DB is at is under heavy load. But that shouldn’t be the case because the load times a few seconds ago were pretty low.

But still - keep posting errors and the overall behavoir of the page. Maybe we can hunt the bug down a bit…

Regards, Bigfoot29

It appears the site is to be migrated to a new server soon - I hope that will solve the issues.

3 days later and we still have thread problems, so I am wondering if anyone knows the status of this ? :wink:

thx
nl