fog and shader generator

Not that difficult, read this book:
http.developer.nvidia.com/CgTuto … atter.html

Go through the tutorials:
discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic.php?t=4893

Then you will know how to do it.

Thanks

A note for everyone: this works with the latest builds.

This as in fog+shader generator or this as in clcheungs fog-demo?

He made a fog ‘plugin’ with a separate download. It its a fullscreen filter, so it will work with the shader generator.

code.google.com/p/pandademomaste … mo_fog.zip

EDIT, anyway I tried to make a standalone version so it would be a lot easier to read:
filedropper.com/fog_1

This doesnt require anything.

The problem is the same as with the original one, the objects need to be really close to the camera to notice that there is a fog. I dont know why its like that. I made 2 sliders to change the “density” and “focus” of fog, but I dont see any difference except the brightness.

Not sure if it is related, but when I close the screen I get:

:display:gsg:glgsg(error): c:\buildslave\dev_win32\build\panda3d\panda\src\glstuff\glGraphicsBuffer_sr
c.cxx, line 991: GL error 1282

I get loads of warnings when using things depending on the shader generator. I think some stuff were messed up when shadows were added. But they are just warnings, not errors, so everything still works the same.

I think you get something similar.

I sure hope clcheung would see this topic.

Yes, I see it now. What is the problem ?
Do you mean my version is working well and your version has some problems that described above ? Or both versions are not working ?

The problem is that the fog is only noticable when you are very close to an object. Otherwise it just looks like a transparent plane attached to the camera. I dont know how to explain this better, maybe “the ‘offset’ of the fog is wrong”, does it make more sense? Or, "the very far objects never get blended with the fogs white color completely.