fmod

nope.

is it maybe related to the express version of vs?

looks good so far, i tried to compile it on the regular way. if it will finish, i wont post again in this thread. thanks for your help :slight_smile: mostly about the link to the manual (cvs). i searched for it in the manual, but i havnt seen it. so now im curious if all sounds will work. :smiley: i think not, but i will be happy about if it does.

puuh this took amazing long (over 1.5h to build). i just wanna letting you know, there was a very tiny error:

winnt.h

yeah,OPENAL works!!! :slight_smile: now i have to check if all sounds are going to play.

just one tiny thing at openAL, the status() return just playing.

and you had right, openAL plays it really, althought sometimes i just a cracking. and when im reaching over 256 channels some sounds stops playing, but they continue after the channels getting free again :slight_smile: so with a better hardware, it must sound pretty cool! and the 256 channel thing, i will solve this wiht a easy statement. very cool! thanks alot!

k, glad to know.

the cracking sound is worrying though, is there any way for me to reproduce it? could you upload your audio code and your sound?

also, with openal you can increase the default limit of 256 sounds by building your own openal dll. openal has a software mixer, it’s independent of your hardware.

about the always playing thing, you mean that when the sounds stop panda keeps telling you they are playing?

im sure i will take a look into the source. but at first i have to finish my tiny game. i dont wanted to spend much of time into my sound problem. but now it seems to be nearly fixed. sorry that i was such lazy, but i had to watch tv today. :smiley: so 1000 times thanks :slight_smile:

its quite easy to reproduce, just do a node array, assign 500 texture geometry nodes.
like:

void getparticles(){
	float PARTposX = -.5;
	float PARTposY = .5;
	int idP = 0;
	for (int i=0;i<partCOUNT;i++){
		particles[i] = window->load_model(window->get_aspect_2d(), "./textures/test.png");
		particles[i].set_scale(.001);
		particles[i].set_pos(PARTposX,0,PARTposY);
		PARTposX += .02;
		idP++;
		if (idP > 19) {
			PARTposY -=.04;
			PARTposX = -.5;
			idP = 0;
		}
	}
}

create 20 sound files, assign them to this node.
like:

void getPARTICLESaudio(){
	audMA1 = AudioManager::create_AudioManager(); 
	audMA1->set_active(true);
	int id =1;
	char pianoCOUNT[2];
	//const char* test1;
	for (int i=0;i<partCOUNT;i++) {
		std::string piano = "./audio/piano/";
		_itoa( id, pianoCOUNT, 10);
		piano += pianoCOUNT;
		piano += ".wav";
		//test1 = piano;
		//test1=piano.c_str();
		audioPARTICLE[i] = audMA1->get_sound(piano);
	//	test[i] = engine->addSoundSourceFromFile(test1);
		id++;
		if (id > 19) {
			id = 1;
		}
	}	
}

move this texture planes and let them collide with themselfs and with the mouse. at every collision play the defined sound for each node. thats it.