Embedded Game in Web Broswer

If you fail to sign the p3d file correctly, it won’t prevent the Panda3D runtime from running. It will just pop up a window, as you described in your first post, telling you that you haven’t signed the p3d file. Since you don’t report seeing that window yet, there’s some bigger problem we have to solve first, before we can even talk about whether your p3d file properly signed.

That HTML code looks reasonable to me, at least at a glance, so perhaps your Panda3D runtime isn’t properly installed? Can you run the Panda3D apps in the gallery from this site?

David

From mutify -h I get the following description which talks about crt and private pem files, I entered the commands as listed, get the Panda window and play then get the p3d is not signed

-S file.crt[,chain.crt[,file.key[,“password”]]]
Sign the multifile. The signing certificate should be in PEM form in
file.crt, with its private key in PEM form in file.key. If the key
is encrypted on-disk, specify the decryption password as the third
option. If a certificate chain is required, chain.crt should also
be specified; note that the separating commas should be supplied
even if this optional filename is omitted.
You may also provide a single composite file that contains the
certificate, chain, and key in the same file.
PEM form is the form accepted by the Apache web server. The
signature is written to the multifile to prove it is unchanged; any
subsequent change to the multifile will invalidate the signature.
This parameter may be repeated to sign the multifile with additional
certificates.

C:\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs>multify -S server.crt,priv.key -
r -v -f jmyapp2.p3d

C:\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs>panda3d -S jmyapp2.p3d

OK, so, those aren’t precisely the right files. Why not generate new files using the commands as suggested on the manual?

Yep tried that but it still did not work. Here is what did work

Down load openssl installer from OpenSSL for Windows

openssl genrsa 1024 > mycert.pem

openssl req -config “C:\Program F
iles (x86)\GNUWin32\share\Openssl.cnf” -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days 365 -key mycert.pem >> mycert.pem

multify -S mycert.pem -u -f jmyap
p2.p3d

panda3d -S jmyapp2.p3d

Thank you for your help David.

So what does it say now–does it say “No signature” or does it say “Unverified signature”?

If it says “Unverified signature”, that’s normal. That’s because it’s a self-signed certificate, so there’s no way for the user to know you’re really who you claim to be. (The only way to get a “verified signature” is to get it through one of the certificate authority companies.)

But you can still run it even if it says “Unverified signature”; you just have to click “View certificate” and then “Run”. Once you do this, the certificate will be approved automatically in the future.

David

Yes, I get the unverified message but it does run.

By the way, Are there any plans to have Panda3d run on mobile devices or can it do that now?

So everything’s working.

It sounds like a fine idea to me. We need some more people to volunteer to do the actual work.

David

@drwr google just updated some android toolkit stuff. they now provide a toolchain to migrate c++ code without hacking your way through all the android layers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yorhsSPFG4

First question would be can Panda3d fit on most Android devices? and the second is what about that other player Apple?

“Fit?” Sure. Of course the apps you’d write wouldn’t be the same apps you can write on your desktop; you’d have to write them with an awareness of the hardware’s limitations. But Panda3D wouldn’t get in your way.

There is a half-finished iPhone port already in the source code tree. It also needs a volunteer to step up. You can find more about it by searching the forums if you like.

David