egg-API question

Is there a root class for egg-document and instruction to load a virtual egg-object, or egg-api it is collection of classes?

Yeah, take a look in the API Reference. The root class is EggData.

Ok, and please little about realtime loading EggData to the scene graph.

node = loadEggData(eggData)

I’m a little surprised to note that we no longer appear to have the global functions, like this one, listed in the generated API documents.

David

Another question:
Blender shows 64 vertices in model, egg file exported with Chicken R91 have 127. How is it?

zumodrive.com/share/8CQaNzc3MT

Unless all the data on the vertex is the same (position, normal, colour, UV) it cannot be considered the same vertex in the EGG file. So wherever you have a hard edge normal, or a UV seam for example these will be different vertex entries in the EGG file.

Vertices are “the same” for Blender and not “the same” for EGG ? After loading model, Panda3D shows the same number of vertices as Blender, so the distinction only in EGG.

Well, blender simplifies the concept of vertices a bit. if you create two quads sharing a side, then blender sees 6 vertices. To get the real vertex count you can select all your geometry and press ‘y’ to split all joined points.

The egg format saves the geometry in a way that is more specific than blender, but which allows working with the data after loading into Panda quite well. After loading, though, Panda might treat identical vertices as the same.

Graphics cards instead would see more, as on a lower level a polygon always consists of 3 individual vertices.
That said, there can be many vertices in the same place, each belonging to another line or poly.

FYI, everything I just said is guessed. I’m not really sure. :smiley:

Everything you said sounds reasonable to me. In general, the number of vertices in a model is a rather fluid concept.

David

So the reason in independent UV, Tangent, Binormal, Normal and so on for each quad … ok.