Doxygen

Hmm, it might be a good idea indeed, to change Panda’s doc conventions. Sounds like a major project, though.

David

Or a well-written regular expression :wink:

Is there a clean way to get the name of a function as it is exposed to Python?
interrogate_wrapper_name seems to return some weird Dtool_XYZ.
If there’s no way to do that though, I guess I could just use interrogate_function_name and manually translate it to the Python equivalent.

Hmm, that would be useful, but I don’t know if there is such a function provided. It would probably be best to do as you say, to get the C++ name and then apply the same algorithm to convert it to the Python name.

David

Opinions please:
panda3d.org/dox/python/html/index.html
Check out some advanced classes like PandaNode.

The inheritance graphs are pretty cool. A nice example is LightLensNode.

I like it!

Wow, that’s really nice!

David

The diagram even shows what classes inherit from the class I’m looking up. That’s great!

Very nice.

wow, that is very nice!

Does this mean you’ve worked out a way to read all the data you wanted neatly, or is this more of a hack job?

Can’t wait to see it all integrated!

Nah, I wrote a script to do it cleanly, via the interrogatedb interface. :slight_smile:

good to hear :slight_smile:

as an aside, I just got a new bookmark in my game dev folder :slight_smile:

Hmm, I just realized these pages are lacking constructor descriptions. Is this an accidental omission, or is that data missing in the interrogate database? (Constructors do need to be enumerated through a different interface than regular methods.)

David

Nah, the problem was that I forgot to iterate through the constructors as well as the functions. I had already fixed the problem a few weeks ago, but I simply didn’t upload a new version yet.

OK, great! I also noticed that the names like LVector2f aren’t being properly renamed to Vec2 as they should be (due to classRenameDictionary in interfaceMakerPythonNative.cxx).

This argues for the need for interrogate to provide the explicit Python name of a class or method, rather than requiring you to rederive it, since that derivation isn’t always straightforward.

David

Right, I discovered there’s no way to translate a C++ function or type name to Python via the interrogate interface. I wrote my own function to convert the function and enum-type names, but I simply forgot about the class renaming. Thanks for pointing it out!