DirectWaitBar in render

Hi,

I’m trying my best to understand the panda Direct Gui system. When I modify the code in the manual for DirectWaitBar and make the parent=render, the bar is messed up. It does draw, and you can zoom in, out, rotate it, etc. But it doesn’t show the bar properly. Any ideas?

import direct.directbase.DirectStart
from direct.gui.OnscreenText import OnscreenText 
from direct.gui.DirectGui import *
from pandac.PandaModules import *

#add some text
bk_text = "This is my Demo"
textObject = OnscreenText(text = bk_text, pos = (0.95,-0.95), 
scale = 0.07,fg=(1,0.5,0.5,1),align=TextNode.ACenter,mayChange=1)

#callback function to set  text 
def incBar(arg):
	bar['value'] +=	arg
	text = "Progress is:"+str(bar['value'])+'%'
	textObject.setText(text)
	bar['text'] = '%s / %s' % (arg, arg)

#create a frame
frame = DirectFrame(text="main",scale=0.001)
#add button
bar = DirectWaitBar(text = "0 / 0" , value=50,pos=(0,.4,.4), parent=render)

#create 4 buttons
button_1 = DirectButton(text="+1",scale=0.05,pos=(-.3,.6,0), command=incBar,extraArgs = [1])
button_10 = DirectButton(text="+10",scale=0.05,pos=(0,.6,0), command=incBar,extraArgs = [10])
button_m1 = DirectButton(text="-1",scale=0.05,pos=(0.3,.6,0), command=incBar,extraArgs = [-1])
button_m10 = DirectButton(text="-10",scale=0.05,pos=(0.6,.6,0), command=incBar,extraArgs = [-10])

#run the tutorial
run()

Thanks,

C

The DirectWaitBar wasn’t meant to be parented to render. The biggest problem is that it’s got two coincident polygons, which don’t sort properly when using the Z-buffer.

If you want a health bar or something to appear in the 3-D scene, you might be better off implementing one yourself. You could use two CardMakers to do this fairly easily, for instance.

David

Thanks, didn’t know that, I’ll figure something out.

C