I’m trying to do something simple in concept:
- capture a live input video feed from a BlackMagic Intensity capture card, and set it as a texture
- apply this texture to a model
I can “sort of” get this to work. Here’s the dilemma…
My goal capture resolution/framerate (for now) is 1280x720 @ 60Hz. If I open up GraphStudio and pipe the Blackmagic Capture to a Renderer, it renders just fine at 60Hz (see http://i53.tinypic.com/15ejl2p.png).
If I try to capture to a 2D card in Panda3D at 60Hz, I get nothing but black. If I change the setting down to 50Hz, I get a gray, warped, distorted, partial image (see http://i51.tinypic.com/8xo83l.png).
And (just for grins) if I try to set GraphStudio to 50Hz, I get nothing but black.
Here is the code I’m using (fyi, I’m using WebcamVideo option 3 because it’s the one that shows up at 1280x720)…
import sys from pandac.PandaModules import * from direct.directbase import DirectStart # manually select the video mode option = WebcamVideo.getOption(3) cursor = option.open() videoTexture = Texture('movie') cursor.setupTexture(videoTexture) # calculate the same as openCVTexture has as function videoTextureScale = Vec2(option.getSizeX()/float(videoTexture.getXSize()), option.getSizeY()/float(videoTexture.getYSize())) # under windows the webcam must be updated manually def updateVideo(task): if cursor.ready(): cursor.fetchIntoTexture(0, videoTexture, 0) return task.cont taskMgr.add(updateVideo, 'updateVideo') # generate a card to show the texture on cardMaker = CardMaker('cardMaker') # define the card size #cardMaker.setFrame(-videoTextureScale/2.,videoTextureScale/2.,-videoTextureScale/2.,videoTextureScale/2.) cardMaker.setFrame(-videoTextureScale,videoTextureScale,-videoTextureScale,videoTextureScale) # set the uv coordinates of the card, y-scale must be reversed cardMaker.setUvRange(Point2(videoTextureScale,0), Point2(0,videoTextureScale)) # create a card and attach to render card = render.attachNewNode(cardMaker.generate()) card.setTexture(videoTexture) card.setTwoSided(True) # rotate it #card.hprInterval(10,Point3(360,0,0)).loop() base.disableMouse() base.camera.setPos(0,-3,0) run()
And here is the output that I get (seems fine, right?)…
DirectStart: Starting the game. Known pipe types: wglGraphicsPipe (all display modules loaded.) Added device: DirectShow: 01DD3BFC:2 Added device: DirectShow: 01DD3C84:2 Added device: DirectShow: 01DD3D24:2 Added device: DirectShow: 01DD3DAC:2 IID_IGraphBuilder & IID_ICaptureGraphBuilder2 are established. IID_IMediaControl interface is acquired. The capture filter is acquired. The capture filter has been added to the graph. IID_IBaseFilter of CLSID_SampleGrabber is acquired. The media type of the sample grabber is set 24-bit RGB. The sample grabber has been added to the graph. IID_IBaseFilter of CLSID_NullRenderer is acquired. The Null Renderer has been added to the graph. Connected media type 1280 x 720