DirectGui layout system

Thanks all for your feedback, guys :slight_smile: !

Hmmm, I just tried that, but e.g. detaching the widget and reparenting it to pixel2d doesn’t make a difference.

It has a license now, so you should be able to sleep better when using my code for your nefarious purposes :stuck_out_tongue: .

Could you give me some examples of what exactly should be changed and how? It would certainly be cool to have an editor to create layouts as well :slight_smile: !

Tried all of that, to no avail sadly.

Again, didn’t work unfortunately.
Do you have any idea how to get the actual OnscreenText or TextNode used by the DirectGui widget?

That might be helpful, so I certainly wouldn’t mind checking it out, thanks :slight_smile: !

Yes, they definitely seem reasonable enough, until I realized that these are actually the bounds of the text only! (At least, that’s what it seems like.)
There is however another method, widget.guiItem.getFrame, which returns the size of the frame only, so I could just combine these results to get the complete size.
In the hope of getting help from the Panda developers, I reported this issue in this separate topic which includes a code sample; if you run it, you should be able to see what I mean.

Fair enough; thank you for the explanation :slight_smile: !

This seems to be yet another issue that only the Panda devs will be able to straighten out, so I’ve reported it in this new topic also.

1 Like