Deferred Pipeline w/ Physically Based Shading

Yes. I’m using this project. You can check out my latest gameplay videos as examples: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk_tdqQvpyvvXzEVbW9ACLg

I’m using only those plugins:

• bloom
  • color_correction
  • forward_shading
  • smaa

So I have disabled everything else.

The game runs at 40-50 fps on mobile nvidia 1050, it’s in pre-alpha state and still not optimized yet.

Hi,

First thanks for all your work on this very nice renderer.
I am trying to get the deployment process to work while using Render Pipeline with Panda, but having an issue. The build system can’t seem to find the rpcore module.

To test it I copied the setup.py and requirements.txt from Panda’s asteroids sample (which I can build successfully) to RP’s “00-Loading the pipeline” folder.

The setup.py output seems normal except I noticed this:

Building runtime for platform: manylinux1_x86_64
There are some missing modules: ['__builtin__', 'rpcore']

The win_amd64 builds without this message, and results in a folder of dlls and an .exe that appears okay. But when it runs it fails to do anything, and produces the following in output.log:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 39, in <module>
    Application().run()
  File "main.py", line 31, in __init__
    from rpcore import RenderPipeline
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
    return _find_and_load_unlocked(name, import_)
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 965, in _find_and_load_unlocked
    raise ModuleNotFoundError(_ERR_MSG.format(name), name=name)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'rpcore'

The samples and all code I write using RP works fine so far when run as pure python scripts. I have the path set up as instructed in the demo code and don’t have any import errors in python. Is there something I need to do differently to include the rpcore module when building a binary? I’ve tried this with the rp_distributor version and the development version with the same result on Windows 10. Thanks for any help.

I think you need to either copy the rpcore directory into your project or in your setup.py make sure that it can be found (possibly by adding the directory containing rpcore to sys.path).

But it would be cool if RenderPipeline were distributed as a wheel on PyPI to make it easier to distribute.

After I posted I thought of that and tried both of those things… now I am seeing this in setup.py’s output in the same place:

Building runtime for platform: manylinux1_x86_64
There are some missing modules: ['StringIO', '__builtin__', 'cStringIO', 'cyaml', 'dumper', 'error', 'events', 'loader', 'nodes', 'rpcore.native.GPUCommand', 'rpcore.native.GPUCommandList', 'rpcore.native.IESDataset', 'rpcore.native.InternalLightManager', 'rpcore.native.PointLight', 'rpcore.native.ShadowManager', 'rpcore.native.SpotLight', 'rpcore.native.TagStateManager', 'rpcore.native.native_', 'tokens', 'yaml_py2.SafeLoader', 'yaml_py2.YAMLError', 'yaml_py2.load', 'yaml_py3.SafeLoader', 'yaml_py3.YAMLError', 'yaml_py3.load']

And output.log looks like this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 40, in <module>
  File "main.py", line 32, in __init__
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
    module = _load_unlocked(spec)
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 677, in _load_unlocked
    spec.loader.exec_module(module)
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 819, in exec_module
    exec(code, module.__dict__)
  File "C:\dev\render_pipeline\samples\00-Loading the pipeline\rpcore\__init__.py", line 32, in <module>
    from rpcore.render_pipeline import RenderPipeline
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 819, in exec_module
  File "C:\dev\render_pipeline\samples\00-Loading the pipeline\rpcore\render_pipeline.py", line 40, in <module>
    from rplibs.yaml import load_yaml_file_flat
  File "C:\dev\render_pipeline\samples\00-Loading the pipeline\rplibs\yaml\__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
    from .yaml_py3 import load as yaml_load
  File "C:\dev\render_pipeline\samples\00-Loading the pipeline\rplibs\yaml\yaml_py3\__init__.py", line 2, in <module>
    from .error import *
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.10.1-x64\python\lib\importlib\_bootstrap.py", line 965, in _find_and_load_unlocked
    raise ModuleNotFoundError(_ERR_MSG.format(name), name=name)
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'rplibs.yaml.yaml_py3.error'

As far as I can tell though those modules should be visible… I made sure the contents of the RenderPipeline source folder were available with respect to main.py, so I guess now that it sees that source code this is what happens? Feels like I’m missing something obvious but I don’t know what.