dcParser

Both stable and svn give this error when trying to compile on Debian Sid. I also saw a Gentoo bug report concerning the same issue when I did a search for the issue. Arch is amd64.

Generating dependencies...
bison -y -d -obuilt/tmp/dcParser.yxx.c -p dcyy direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:294.3-4: $$ for the midrule at $3 of `dclass' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:399.3-4: $$ for the midrule at $3 of `struct' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:487.3-4: $$ for the midrule at $3 of `atomic_field' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:970.3-4: $$ of `parameter_value' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:970.8-9: $1 of `parameter_value' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:983.3-4: $$ of `parameter_value' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:983.8-9: $4 of `parameter_value' has no declared type
direct/src/dcparser/dcParser.yxx:1245.3-4: $$ for the midrule at $7 of `switch' has no declared type

Any input on how to resolve this problem?

It appears that you have a more recent version of bison than any of the rest of us have, and your version considers certain questionable code structures an error (which earlier versions didn’t even flag as a warning).

I’ve just checked in fixes to all of the line numbers reported above. Try picking up the latest cvs version to see if that builds for you now.

David