Creating an Installer or a Standalone exe

So, using packp3d and pdeploy, I have been attempting to create a standalone exe. I have also tried making an installer, but no luck there either.

I have updated my path variables on my computer to use the Panda3D version of python. I have even used the -p command to point to specific folders with the modules necessary for my game.

However, it still fails to load as it can not find the Ode modules in the pandac. (odeworld, odemass, odesimplespace, etc)

I am running 1.7.0 with the downloaded packp3d and pdeploy utilities off of the runtime.panda3d.org site.

edit: i tried importing the ode modules two ways:

from pandac.PandaModules import OdeWorld, OdeSimpleSpace, OdeJointGroup, OdeBody, OdeMass, OdeBoxGeom, OdePlaneGeom
from panda3d.ode import OdeWorld, OdeSimpleSpace, OdeJointGroup, OdeBody, OdeMass, OdeBoxGeom, OdePlaneGeom

both error saying the module cant be found but both work when running the file normally.

Right, ODE is a large and powerful beast. It’s only needed if the application being packaged actually uses it, otherwise it uses unnecessary space.

the Referencing Packages page in the manual should help you.

What you’ll want to do is tell packp3d that you use the ode library, by include “-r ode” for example:

packp3d -o myapp.p3d -r ode

That’ll tell packp3d you want the p3d to install the ode package as well, and will fix your import errors.

Hope this helps,
~powerpup118

For the record, I highly advise installing 1.7.2 and/or pick up the latest version of the .p3d tools from runtime.panda3d.org. Several bugs were fixed when 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 were released.

So the shadowcaster bug is fixed in 1.7.2?

Look at these:
panda3d.org/download/panda3d … -1.7.2.txt
launchpad.net/panda3d/+milestone/1.7.2