Contribution ideas - more GAME samples!

I have updated the Arena FPS sample program submission to include some randomly colored “collision cubes” which the NPC and the player can push around. This demonstrates various objects interacting with different systems in the same collision environment. The player’s gun is now far less likely to clip through walls or boxes because of an extended collision radius.

Unfortunately, I do not quite understand where you are coming from @svf . If you want to make an Editor-based version of Panda3D, you could just do it, like several other people have demoed here over the years. Or equally you could just build upon those existing examples of more conventional editing interfaces for Panda3D. You have so far just stated you are a AAA game developer, not actually shown it. I’m not sure if the time commitment required to really learn Panda3D for an experienced developer is measured in weeks, months, or years. But it is some amount of time, no doubt. If you are a full time developer and by extension quite busy, I’m not sure why you are bothering with our primarily (though, not entirely) hobbyist and scientific framework.

I do actually use Panda3D as “just a renderer” sometimes to test algorithms or run simulations. It is quite useful for that purpose. Panda3D is also massively smaller than Unity or Unreal, can you imagine installing those huge engines over pip3? Providing the community demos of your artwork or programming structures would alleviate my skepticism. I am of course, looking forward to anybody’s future example posts, and who knows where Panda3D will go in the future. There are already something like 7 forks of it, and quite a few somewhat serious projects such as the recently updated, super cool, VR implementation: VR with Panda3D: panda3d-openvr - #2 by eldee