Contribution ideas - more GAME samples!

@svf We may have extended the conversation to the point that other developers here are fatigued by the volume of posts – just a consideration. Also, as I said before, we have quite a lot of more practical work to do on the engine besides updating samples, which is not even in the list of officially recognized open issues, if I recall correctly. My impression is that any time spent on your effort is “extra” time.

That said, I have a few concepts I’m working on, which may eventually improve the program samples. One is a Bullet Vehicle demo (repeated effort to some extent, because we already have a Bullet Vehicle sample in the SDK I believe) where the player can drive a truck around uneven terrain or roads. No guarantee when or if I will finish it. Here’s some work I did in a similar vein already: Intersection Simulation with 18 Bullet Vehicles (made in 5 days)

In regards to putting “full games” in the sample directory, I feel we should address @Thaumaturge 's concern that it may be out of scope to teach developers game design, game theory, or the advanced practices of our trade. I think I basically agree with this.

The tension here is between whether we’re trying to impart trade skills or if we’re trying to impress newcomers with the sophistication of our engine. The later is an unmitigated win, I think, while the former has some scope issues.