Completely new needing just a tad bit of help =)

Hey guys! I’m new to computer programming and Panda3d (of course). I have gotten a book on python and I am currently working on learning it. I also have Blender and am working on learning it to make my own models and such. But basically I was just wondering if someone could tell me the steps to all of it. For instance, after I learn python what do I do? I realize I make models using Blender but then what? Just kinda trying to find out what exactly I’m doing here and help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks! :smiley:

Well, I am new to blender and panda3D also.

I suggest you play around with blender, go through some of their tutorials. Make a very simple model, and export it as .egg file, by using chicken exporter. Remember to get your latest chicken package, which is R56 now.

You can then load your model using panda. Just follow one of the example in manual or sample program. Or you can just use pview to do it.

After that, you can try the UV mapped texturing in blender, also how to bake a texture in order to export it.

It really depends on what you’re looking to do. I assume you want to make a game. The manual on this site will take you step by step through everything you’ll need to work with Panda. In order to pick what you want from the manual, you need to figure out what you want to create.

Start with getting pretty fluent in Python - particularly because you’re new to programming in general, there’s plenty you need to know beyond Python syntax. Once you have a healthy knowledge of Python, browse through the manual and most of these questions will be answered.

diveintopython.org/toc/index.html
panda3d.org/manual/index.php
panda3d.org/apiref.php?page=classes
panda3d.org/apiref.php?page=functions