Compiling on SUSE10 (32bit this time and soo close)

Downloaded latest from CVS, and third party stuff from downloads.

1st try, all was going soo well for about 13mins untill…

g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -c -o built/tmp/grutil_multitexReducer.o -I"/usr/include/python2.4" -Ithirdparty/linux-libs-a/nspr/include -Ibuilt/tmp -Ipanda/src/grutil -Ibuilt/include -O2 -DBUILDING_PANDA panda/src/grutil/multitexReducer.cxx
g++ -ftemplate-depth-30 -c -o built/tmp/grutil_composite.o -I"/usr/include/python2.4" -Ithirdparty/linux-libs-a/nspr/include -Ibuilt/tmp -Ipanda/src/grutil -Ibuilt/include -O2 -DBUILDING_PANDA panda/src/grutil/grutil_composite.cxx
In file included from panda/src/grutil/config_grutil.cxx:21,
                 from panda/src/grutil/grutil_composite1.cxx:2,
                 from panda/src/grutil/grutil_composite.cxx:1:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.h:27:20: error: cxcore.h: No such file or directory
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.h:28:16: error: cv.h: No such file or directory
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.h:29:21: error: highgui.h: No such file or directory
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.h:85: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘CvCapture’ with no type
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.h:85: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.I: In member function ‘bool OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::is_valid() const’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.I:28: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In member function ‘bool OpenCVTexture::reconsider_video_properties(const OpenCVTexture::VideoStream&, int, int)’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:267: error: ‘const class OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ has no member named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:267: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_FPS’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:267: error: ‘cvGetCaptureProperty’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:268: error: ‘const class OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ has no member named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:268: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_COUNT’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:275: error: ‘const class OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ has no member named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:275: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_WIDTH’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:275: error: ‘cvGetCaptureProperty’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:276: error: ‘const class OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ has no member named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:276: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_FRAME_HEIGHT’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In constructor ‘OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::VideoStream()’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:440: error: class ‘OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ does not have any field named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In copy constructor ‘OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::VideoStream(const OpenCVTexture::VideoStream&)’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:453: error: class ‘OpenCVTexture::VideoStream’ does not have any field named ‘_capture’
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In member function ‘const unsigned char* OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::get_frame_data(int)’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:490: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:490: error: ‘CV_CAP_PROP_POS_FRAMES’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:490: error: ‘cvSetCaptureProperty’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:494: error: ‘IplImage’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:494: error: ‘image’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:494: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:494: error: ‘cvQueryFrame’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In member function ‘bool OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::read(const Filename&)’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:512: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:512: error: ‘cvCaptureFromFile’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In member function ‘bool OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::from_camera(int)’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:530: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:530: error: ‘cvCaptureFromCAM’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx: In member function ‘void OpenCVTexture::VideoStream::clear()’:
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:546: error: ‘_capture’ was not declared in this scope
panda/src/grutil/openCVTexture.cxx:547: error: ‘cvReleaseCapture’ was not declared in this scope
Elapsed Time: 13 min 45 sec

Still a problem with makepanda.py, i tried with –no-whateve and get…

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/sandman/panda3d/makepanda/makepanda.py", line 1995, in ?
    EnqueueBison(ipath=IPATH, opts=OPTS, pre='cppyy', src='cppBison.yxx', dsth='cppBison.h', obj='cppParser_cppBison.obj')
  File "/home/sandman/panda3d/makepanda/makepanda.py", line 1076, in EnqueueBison
    CopyFile("built/tmp/"+dstc, dir+"/"+dstc+".prebuilt")
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'dstc' referenced before assignment

Any help greatly appreciated.

install bison.rpm

Ah! Now I understand what kind of rarely-used code is failing… it’s the fallback code for what happens if you don’t have bison. The use of the option “–no-nothing” forces it to assume that you don’t have bison.

Anyhow, bigger picture - the package that’s failing to compile is “opencv.” I’ll see if I can figure what’s up with that. You might want to try just “–no-opencv” for now.

Generating dependencies...
Copying "dtool/src/dtoolutil/vector_src.cxx" --> "built/include/vector_src.cxx"
CAUTION: header file cppBison.h cannot be found in dtool/src/cppparser/cppPreprocessor.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'dtool/src/cppparser', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file cppBison.h cannot be found in dtool/src/cppparser/cppToken.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'dtool/src/cppparser', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file cppBison.h cannot be found in dtool/src/cppparser/cppExpression.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'dtool/src/cppparser', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file structmember.h cannot be found in dtool/src/interrogatedb/py_panda.h IPATH=['built/tmp', 'dtool/src/interrogatedb', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file pta_Colorf.h cannot be found in panda/src/effects/lensFlareNode.h IPATH=['built/tmp', 'panda/src/effects', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file geomSprite.h cannot be found in panda/src/effects/lensFlareNode.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'panda/src/effects', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file graphicsStateGuardian.h cannot be found in panda/src/effects/lensFlareNode.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'panda/src/effects', 'built/include']
CAUTION: header file ioPtaDatagramLinMath.h cannot be found in panda/src/effects/lensFlareNode.cxx IPATH=['built/tmp', 'panda/src/effects', 'built/include']
Copying "panda/src/egg/built/tmp/egg_lexer.cxx.prebuilt" --> "built/tmp/built/tmp/egg_lexer.cxx"
Elapsed Time: 8 sec
Cannot read panda/src/egg/built/tmp/egg_lexer.cxx.prebuilt

That’s what I get with --use-bison. With --no-bison I get the above mentioned error.
[/code]

I’m guessing that it got confused when you did the initial compilation with --no-nothing. Try deleting the “built” directory and starting clean. And no more “–no-nothing.”