Compile Panda as a library (DLL / SO)

Hello,
I’m new in Panda, but I’m a programmer.
I had a project in my mind, and I think this great open source program could be the solution.
I wanted to know if I can (and how!) compile Panda3D as a library “so” (linux) or “dll” (windows).
Can I do it?
HOw?
My final target is using Panda3D from newLisp programming language, to make a “special” application.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

This is the way that Panda is normally compiled. If you follow the compilation instructions given in the manual, you will compile Panda as a series of .so’s or .dll’s, depending on your operating system. Of course, unless you need to make changes to the Panda code itself, you might as well just install the standard pre-compiled distributions, since these are already built the same way.

David

wast there a scheme backend to interrogate long time ago?

That was actually for the precursor to interrogate, which we called salivate. (“SAL” was our “Story Animation Language” built in scheme.)

David

Thank you.
Is there any document to help me to start using Panda3D as a library (dll or so)?
In my linux box I found many so panda libraries.

There is no other way to use panda3d. So all of the documentation.

Sorry, but I do not understand.
I’m new in Panda, but I made some tests using Python and using C++.
In any case I simply included an header and… stop. I didn’t find any real definition about library usage.
Instead it seems, in C++ for example, I statically include padna functions like API.

In the case of most libraries, you include a header file and link to said library when you compile it.
In MSVC, specify panda’s libraries in the linker options.
On UNIX: panda3d.org/manual/index.php/How_t … m_on_Linux