Chicken problem

Sorry if this has been asked before, but search hates me. I am learning Panda3d from MGF magazine(thanks, Gary), so I wanted to build a simulated Solar system. Make planet(oid)s circle around the Sun or other Planet(oid), rotate them, maybe add Kepler’s Law of motion… Decided on that because of very simple models: spheres.
I “modeled” Earth and exported it using Chicken. In pview it shows just gray screen, but it creates egg. I load egg in simple “show model” program, but still can’t see it. I export it as .x and add it to program, still not there. I use Blender 2.49b, python 2.6.2, Panda3d 1.70 and Windows 7. I can see and use MGF models without any problems. I think I made a mistake somewhere. It won’t even work with the default cube.

After exporting with chicken. My blender cmd shows following:
Python loaded…etc…etc…
Known pipe types:
wglGraphicsPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
Loading /d/Panda3D-1.7.egg
:loader(error): Couldn’t load file /d/Panda3D-1.7.egg: does not exist.
Unable to load /d/Panda3D-1.7.egg
:framework(warning): Empty bounding volume for models

Thanks in advance

Hello, the problem is this:

You’re loading a file that doesn’t exist. Maybe you’re having some problems with the path you’ve typed. If you post here the files needed (for example link a zip file) we can look at this. However Panda3D-1.7 is a weird name for a sphere. :slight_smile:

That is blender’s log. I used blender’s default name for a sphere(sphere.001, I think :slight_smile:).

Here are blend, blend1, egg(just a default cube), x, and texture files.
http://www.2shared.com/file/ahqWlMRI/Solar_System.html

And the python file? However, the egg file you’ve posted is called earth.egg, while the file that Panda is trying to load in the OP is Panda3D-1.7.egg.

from direct.showbase.ShowBase import ShowBase

class Solar(ShowBase):
	def __init__(self):
		ShowBase.__init__(self)
		self.earth = self.loader.loadModel("earth.x")
		self.earth.reparentTo(render)

app = Solar()
app.run()

On my computer it works. Please note you haven’t disabled the mouse camera, so you’ve to press mousebuttons and drag a little in order to view the sphere.

Thx yaio. So stupid. Forgot that panda adds camera inside the sphere. Sorry for lost time. Lock please.

Are you kidding? :slight_smile: You’re welcome.