cannot launch regular python instead of ppython (updated)

I am trying to launch the normal python exe (located at c:/python24) instead of panda python exe (located at C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\python).

To do so, I have added a panda.pth in C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages. here follows its content :
C:\Panda3D-1.3.2
C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\Lib
C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\bin

I do this way because the original codebase use quite a lot of lib, I would like to avoid to have duplication between the two site-packages directories.
Note the code works on linux.

When I launch the game I get :

DirectStart: Starting the game.
Warning: DirectNotify: category 'Interval' already exists
Known pipe types:
(all display modules loaded.)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "..\main.py", line 7, in ?
    main()
  File "..\main.py", line 4, in main
    editor.start()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\editor.py", line 62, in start
    main_simulation.start()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\main_simulation.py", line 12, in start
    import view.main
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\view\main.py", line 6, in ?
    import input
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\view\input.py", line 4, in ?
    from picker import AreaSelector
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\view\picker.py", line 5, in ?
    from primitive2D import Rect
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\view\primitive2D.py", line 1, in ?
    import mesh
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Lionel\Mes documents\gamr7\code\app\manhattan\view\mesh.py", line 6, in ?
    import direct.directbase.DirectStart
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\directbase\DirectStart.py", line 4, in ?
    ShowBase.ShowBase()
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 195, in __init__
    self.openDefaultWindow()
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 545, in openDefaultWindow
    self.openMainWindow()
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 606, in openMainWindow
    self.openWindow(*args, **kw)
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 434, in openWindow
    self.makeDefaultPipe()
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 377, in makeDefaultPipe
    self.notify.error(
  File "C:\Panda3D-1.3.2\direct\src\directnotify\Notifier.py", line 122, in error
    raise exception(errorString)
StandardError: No graphics pipe is available!
Your Config.prc file must name at least one valid panda display
library via load-display or aux-display.
shell returned 1

Any idea ?

[update] : could this problem be linked with this thread ?

Probably it can’t find your Config.prc (located in c:\Panda3D-1.3.2\etc\ on windows).

thanks for your reply, this is what i think too. I checked the the file is there but I don’t know what to do about it.
Is it an easy way to help Panda find it ?

Panda uses the location of python.exe to help it find the right etc directory for Config.prc. So if you are using python.exe in a different location, it may have difficulty locating Config.prc.

Try defining $PANDA_PRC_DIR to the directory that contains your Config.prc file.

David

that did it !