Can i use other python libraries with panda3d

hello,my name is david moussa
Im a highschool student and im currently working on a project and part of that project involves with designing and producing a VR glove(data glove).I need to send the data to the serial port.I have some experience with python and also with panda3d.I wanted to ask wether i would be able to use other python libraries with panda 3d as i found this librarie which allows me to access the serial port through python
http://pyserial.sourceforge.net/

This seems like a stupid question but im no pro with python so please,i would appreciate the help
thankyou

Yes you can.

For the library you provided, just download the .zip archive, extract it, and run:
ppython setup.py install

Actually its not that simple. I looked at and example that someone posted here about pyODE. I alway modifies example code posted here about using the joystick model from pygame. The best way that I have found to ensure that you can use other python packages is to extract the files that come with that module into the site_packages folder under the Lib folder that is in your panda3d installation folder. Then import the package in your panda3d program. For example I had to move the pygames folder from C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\ to C:\Panda3d-1.3.2\python\Lib\site-packages\ In order to get the joystick demo to work. I think I will have to do the same thing for the xode folder in order to get PyOde to work.