C++ program requiring libp3skel.lib?

Hi guys just registered an account im picking up after a previous dev and need to find some information. I the source and it is calling for a include libp3skel.lib but thru all the digging i can only find a libp3skel input file. question is can i convert this file into a lib or do i have to compile the panda differently?

Thanks in advanced

Ryan

Hi, welcome to the forums!

You don’t need libp3skel. It’s an example library containing no useful code. You can remove it from the dependencies without ill effect.

Thank you very much,

Sounds like the info i needed have a great day and look forward to being around here.

Ryan

OK i commented out those lines but it looks like the previous dev has built a dependency on those sample codes i get a bunch of lnk2019 errors in VS. Anyone know where to find it?

Ryan

Can you paste the exact errors you are getting?

Thanks for the quick repsonse these are the errors in the log

1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpandaexpress referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpanda referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpandaegg referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpandaphysics referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpandafx referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibp3direct referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibp3vision referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _initlibpandaode referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Py_NoSiteFlag referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _Py_DontWriteBytecodeFlag referenced in function _main
     1>mirai.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _PyImport_FrozenModules referenced in function _main

Hmm. Those errors don’t have anything to do with libp3skel.

There are various functions that your main function uses from both the Python library and various Panda3D extension libraries.

Did you, by any chance, compile your copy of Panda3D without Python support enabled? If so, you will either have to recompile Panda3D with Python support, or change your main function not to rely on these functions.

If not, I will have to know more about your build configuration, your Panda3D version, and possibly the contents of the main function if you are willing to disclose this.

That would explain it thank you didnt think about that have a great day

Hi there so i have gotten past that issue now im still having issues finding the libp3skel.lib can you tell me what version might have it?

I’m confident that whatever issue you may have, it is probably something that doesn’t have anything to do with libp3skel. Can you post the issues you are having?