BVW Tutorial Errors

Program 12 (bvwdemo_12.py) of the BVW tutorial (etc.cmu.edu/bvw/scripting/index.html)
generates a Type Error. At line 107: add_collider() arg1 must be NodePath not CollisionNode. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Also, program 13 (bvwdemo_13.py) generates an Import Error when trying to import direct.directbase.DirectStart. Anyone have a fox for this issue?

these tutorials were written for panda3d-1.0.5

I’d recommend checking the current one on the manual page in case you run into many more issues.

for the first one, the command addCollider takes in a nodepath that has collisionNodes underneath it. In this case, cNodePath should replace cNode.

As for the second error, I’d be curious to see the import error itself.

The bvwdemo_13.py module generates this error: ImportError: No module named direct.directbase.DirectStart

Yes. Funny as I went through them myself a day ago. I changed cNode to cNodePath in _13.py and Picker.py - didn’t get the import error though…

So far I’m quite impressed by how easy Panda is to use/customize.

I just replaced cNode with cNodePath in Picker.py, and I no longer get the import error.

Has anyone fixed the RuntimeWarnings such as tp_compare didn’t return -1, 0, or 1; or the use of the deprecated LightAttrib interface; the use of the deprecated set_collide_geom()?