Build app for differents platforms

But how can i specify tensorflow packages in the include modules at the setup file? pyinstaller deoesnt have such problem ?

from the log file, it looks like I’m having the same issue with a relatively straightforward windows build (no tensorflow):
AttributeError: module ‘nt’ has no attribute ‘_path_splitroot’ at runtime:
build time: warning: build_apps: could not find dependency api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll (referenced by python39.dll)

requirements.txt

panda3d
panda3d-simplepbr
panda3d-gltf
more-itertools

log output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "__main__", line 2, in <module>
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 680, in _load_unlocked
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 838, in exec_module
  File "scene.area_light", line 6, in <module>
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 1007, in _find_and_load
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 680, in _load_unlocked
  File "importlib._bootstrap", line 838, in exec_module
  File "panda3d.core", line 1, in <module>
  File "imp", line 336, in load_dynamic
  File "importlib._bootstrap_external", line 1157, in __init__
  File "importlib._bootstrap_external", line 171, in _path_isabs
AttributeError: module 'nt' has no attribute '_path_splitroot'

build log

$ py setup.py build_apps
running build_apps
Building platforms: win_amd64
Gathering wheels for platform: win_amd64
Looking in indexes: https://pypi.org/simple, https://archive.panda3d.org/simple/opt, https://archive.panda3d.org/thirdparty
Collecting panda3d
  File was already downloaded c:\pandatest\build\__whl_cache__\win_amd64_cp39\panda3d-1.10.9+opt-cp39-cp39-win_amd64.whl
Collecting panda3d-simplepbr
  File was already downloaded c:\pandatest\build\__whl_cache__\win_amd64_cp39\panda3d_simplepbr-0.8-py3-none-any.whl
Collecting panda3d-gltf
  File was already downloaded c:\pandatest\build\__whl_cache__\win_amd64_cp39\panda3d_gltf-0.13-py3-none-any.whl
Collecting more-itertools
  File was already downloaded c:\pandatest\build\__whl_cache__\win_amd64_cp39\more_itertools-8.8.0-py3-none-any.whl
Collecting tk
  File was already downloaded c:\pandatest\build\__whl_cache__\win_amd64_cp39\tk-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl
Successfully downloaded panda3d panda3d-simplepbr panda3d-gltf more-itertools tk
Building runtime for platform: win_amd64
There are some missing modules: ['__builtin__', '_posixshmem', '_posixsubprocess', '_scproxy', 'dummy.Process', 'grp', 'multiprocessing.AuthenticationError', 'multiprocessing.BufferTooShort', 'multiprocessing.TimeoutError', 'multiprocessing.get_context', 'multiprocessing.get_start_method', 'multiprocessing.set_start_method', 'resource', 'zipimport']
warning: build_apps: could not find dependency api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll (referenced by python39.dll)

warning: build_apps: _testinternalcapi.pyd was not found in any downloaded wheel, is a dependency missing from requirements.txt?

warning: build_apps: _testcapi.pyd was not found in any downloaded wheel, is a dependency missing from requirements.txt?

Copying Tcl files
Copying game files for platform: win_amd64

What version of Python are you using?

Based on a recent thread, starting specifically with this post, I gather that a recent version of Python introduced an issue which can produce this error.

The advice in that thread was to downgrade to Python 3.8, and the user who had the issue reported success on downgrading to Python 3.7, I believe.

1 Like

i think you need to search that dll file in python folder and copy it in the dest folder

after trying 3.8 and 3.8.10 (with varying new failures, possibly relating to my use of 3.9 features?) I tried an 3.9.2 and, despite getting the dll warning at build-time, am up and running. Thank you @Thaumaturge

1 Like