bloom-filter controll

Helo again,
is there a way to have different bloomsettings for different nodepaths? Because for glowing objects i need a higher bloom size. Also i need to disable the bloom on a CardmakerCard, where a videotexture is projected on.

Or do i have to apply glowmaps for every Object in my scene (if yes can this be done without changing every egg-file with a gloal switch or something like that)?

I don’t think you can change the size of the bloom per object, since bloom is a post processing effect that applies to the whole rendered frame. Yet I think per-object settings are there for the application of bloom. That the advanced tutorial.

Personally, I am using the simple method and limit the glow to the brightest of pixels:

self.postprod = CommonFilters(base.win, base.cam)
		self.postprod.setBloom(blend=(0.5,0.5,0.5,0.0), mintrigger=0.99, maxtrigger=1.0, desat=0.0, intensity=1.75, size="small")

But don’t take my word for it, wait for more input.

This is a similar topic to this: discourse.panda3d.org/viewtopic … 0af5c524a7

In my impression the only way to have nodes without bloom on them will be to have a simple black texture (glow map) on them. Sounds kinda hacky way of doing it, but I’m not aware of any method which enables and disables bloom. Bloom is a fulscreen filter, but can use a texture to determine where bloom is drawn, so I don’t know if just disabling bloom on a single node is impossible, but I’m not aware of anything like that.

thanks for that info, applying a very small black glowmap is anyhow a workaround.