blender to panda. Get collisions working.

Hi everyone, I´m really new into panda3d, and I found it a powerful, and maybe confusing at times, 3d engine. The reason I started with it is that I was trying to develop a simple 3d walk with blender, but its game engine wasn`t stable enough for my purposes, and it kept crashing all the time, so I had to look for a some other GE that was really stable, and allowed me to do the same I was doing with blender. The main problem is that I am a visual and 3d artist, so the visual interface of blender´s game engine worked perfect for me, and the text based approach can be a little intimidating.

Anyway, I have managed to work out all the problems, and right now I have a room where the camera can roam freely (with a smooth mouse and keyboard control) imitating some of the things I have done with Blender before, the only thing that I haven´t figured out are the collisions, and the camera just keeps passing trhough walls. what I need is to set up a simple collisions scheme that won´t let the camera pass, as what I´m tryng to create is a simple interactive 3d space, no actors and any other moving thing except for the camera.

Here´s the code I have managed to gather from the forums and other sources:

#from pandac.PandaModules import loadPrcFileData
#loadPrcFileData("", “want-directtools #t”)
#loadPrcFileData("", “want-tk #t”)
import direct.directbase.DirectStart
from pandac.PandaModules import PandaNode,NodePath,Camera,MouseButton
from direct.showbase.DirectObject import DirectObject
from pandac.PandaModules import WindowProperties

props = WindowProperties()
props.setCursorHidden(True)
base.win.requestProperties(props)

salon = loader.loadModel(“models/salon”)
salon.reparentTo(render)

base.setBackgroundColor(0, 0, 0)

base.disableMouse()
base.useDrive()
base.drive.node().setPos(0,10,8)
base.drive.node().setHpr(0,0,0)
base.camLens.setNear(1)
base.camLens.setFar(10000)
base.camLens.setFov(70.24,50)

run()

As you can see I managed to find the direct tools panel, I was able to hide the mouse, and use the camera with the useDrive() along with other camera settings, which suits perfectly my needs, what I want to know is how can I apply collisions to my script, I have managed to put the tag to my .egg models, but the collision part is really confusing, I will aprecciate all the help I can get, since this is a relly important task for me to have done quickly and fine. :slight_smile: thank you very much…[/img]

it is not clear to me if you’re passed by the manual and studied this page panda3d.org/manual/index.php/Collision_Solids and following.

I would like to study this code but I do not have “/models/salon”