blender texture to egg with yabee

Hi!

I have problem with exporting blend file with textures to .egg. I am able to export file without textures but when I try export a simple Generated texture yabee exports only model. When I changed mode from Generated to UV I’ve got following error:

Error in /mnt/blender/Podstawka7.egg at line 12306, column 26:
      <TRef> { Texture.001 }
                         ^
Unknown texture Texture.001

Error in /mnt/blender/Podstawka7.egg at line 12312, column 26:
      <TRef> { Texture.001 }
                         ^

Error in /mnt/blender/Podstawka7.egg at line 12318, column 26:
      <TRef> { Texture.001 }
                         ^

I couldn’t find any info about my problem. I am new to blender and panda3d. Here are my options within yabee.py:

#: file name to write
FILE_PATH = './exp_test/test.egg' 

#: { 'animation_name' : (start_frame, end_frame, frame_rate) }
ANIMATIONS = {'anim1':(0,10,5), 
              }
EXPORT_UV_IMAGE_AS_TEXTURE = True
COPY_TEX_FILES = True
TEX_PATH = '.tex'
SEPARATE_ANIM_FILE = True
ANIM_ONLY = False
FLOATING_POINT_ACCURACY = 3
TEXTURE_PROCESSOR = 'SIMPLE'

Thanks for help!

generated textures are not supported. panda doesn’t support the texture-generation that blender offers.

if you want to export a generated texture, you first hav e to “bake” it into a texture-image. i think yabee offers an option for that,too. and of course you need to asign an UV map but it looks like you did that already.

This is texture from .png file. Could you explain me how to export eg simple cube with .png file? Is it possible?

For lastest YABEE you don’t need to use yabee.py to set an export options. You should copy io_scene_egg dir to the <blender_dir>/<blender_version>/scripts/addons, then run Blender and press Ctrl+Alt+U to open “Blender User Preferences”, select Addons->Import-Export->Import-Export:Panda3D EGG format, save as defaults. After this you can use standart File->Export menu.

To export textures your model should have UV layer and texture should be mapped to the UV.