Blender 4 Panda

Hey, just stopping by to say OMG WOW

This is another awesome tool, wow!! :open_mouth:

I will try to submit some work if I can and quick question: Does it mean this tool can read Blender shaders and use them inside Panda? There are lots of great user contributed blender shader code hanging around blenderartist forum so you might want to start there also with your testing.

Just awesome :exclamation:

Thanks!

It depend on what shader type you meant. It should work with the shader nodes (in case if it were designed for the real-time), but if shader is settled from the python script it will not exported, unfortunately.

This is great! Can you upload the blend file you used for the dynamic cube-map? How should I go about doing characters?

Here my test file. Though this feature is very experimental. Most probably you’ll have problems with the complex materials.

p.s. also ensure that you have latest versions of YABEE and B4P plugin/loader
refl_test2.7z (292 KB)

Hey ninth,

This seems great and all, but whenever there’s a demo featured I’m always curious to try out myself to check out the demo in the picture, at least the first one you provided as it looks really great.

Can you share that blend file with the ram/goat as well?

Thanks! :smiley:

Here my test file with ram
ram_glsl.blend.7z (411 KB)

It works nice but when I try to deploy the demo I made with packp3d I get a grey screen.

What version of packp3d you use? As far as I know, it not officially available for 1.9. If you use packp3d from 1.8, then it probably will not work, because 1.8 has some problems with GLSL.

Packp3d 1.8. Will have to wait for 1.9.

You also can remove base_shader module from ./ext dir of loader to make sure that problem is in shaders. In this case you should see scene without Blender’s materials.

I tried doing that. When i print(render.ls()) all there is is a camera.

Ah, I do search in extensions directory dynamically to found available modules and I forgot that packp3d uses .pyo and ignores .py files. I pushed the fix to the git, you can try it, but things that I was talking about shaders are still in force, I think.

Thanks it worked! Is there a way to turn the physics and collision off for one object? It is common in games to have a mesh optimized for rendering and one for collision.

Yes. Just set phyics type in Blender to “No Collisions”