:audio(error): Fmod initialization failure.

I am running a demo someone created and it works well on other computers but not on mine. I have Zenwalk Linux (based off of Slackware). This demo has sound but I can’t hear it. It gives me an error message when I run it.

the error:

thanks

sounds like you have some sound problems… can you play other sounds in “OSS” (afaik fmod uses the old OSS interface instead of ALSA - correct me if I am wrong…) based applications?

Do you have other sound applications running at the time starting the demo?
If so, close everything (!) that looks like a tool that could try to contact the sound card. When thats done, you should be able to get fmod initialized.

Getting the same issues when running several Panda3D applications at once - only the first one getting access - the other ones get fmod failure.

Regards, Bigfoot29

I have a similar problem:
i tried loading some sfx into my game and i get this error:
:audio(error): FmodAudioManager::get_sound(/path to .wav file, 0) failed.

I first tried to use audio3d and i got something similar but then i simply used the following code:

footsteps = loader.loadSfx(MYDIR+"/sound/17834.wav")
footsteps.setLoopCount(0)
footsteps.play()

and i get this error. I don’t know what i’m doing wrong…

Thanks,
Yonn

Edit: oh and i get this too:
Assertion failed: _lru.size()>0 at line 439 of c:\temp\mkpr\panda3d-1.2.3\panda\src\audiotraits\fmodAudioManager.cxx

I figured it out :slight_smile:)
like a 1st class noob i tried to play only one wav file never crossing my mind that it might be the wav that’s causing the problem
so finally i tried a different one and voila, it works :smiley:
sorry for the inconvenience :slight_smile:

Yonn